PDA

View Full Version : ohhhhhhhh... soul CALIBUR..... ahhhhhh....

jin choung
01-12-2009, 11:21 PM
i had to look this up... one of those things that bugged me from waaaaaaay back but never considered worth it enough to find out.

the first game on the playstation1 was called soul blade... (was there a soul blade2?) and then the next big game out was soul calibur which came out on the sega dreamcast which i didn't get (or any console after the ps1) so i never played any incarnation of sc.....

i thought it had something to do with firearms.... CALIBER...?

but nooooo... it's soul calibur like EXCALIBUR.

the soul blade is the EVIL SWORD.

the soul CALIBUR is the GOOD SWORD (y'know like excalibur).

ooooooohhhhhhhh...

that's actually pretty cool. calls to mind the whole mournblade/stormbringer (both evil swords though) personified weapons of elric.

jin

Stooch
01-13-2009, 12:48 AM
it was actually in the arcade first. and it was called soul edge.

ahhh memories. i used to rape people with siegfried and with ivy.

jin choung
01-13-2009, 12:58 AM
it was actually in the arcade first. and it was called soul edge.

ahhh memories. i used to rape people with siegfried and with ivy.

that's right... actually and I think the evil sword is called "soul edge" not soul blade....

I was pretty good with the chick with the pole arm with blades at the end... pissed me off cuz when I played the story mode it seemed I would always get the bad ending where her dad is disappointed in her and camera pulls away as she continues practicing relentlessly.

geothefaust
01-13-2009, 01:52 AM
Man I haven't played that game in forever. Any of them actually, been too long.

I think you're talking about Xinhua. She was my favorite. :D I could kick *** with her.

I don't remember when she was introduced to the series, but I played her all the time.

hrgiger
01-13-2009, 04:00 AM
I always played Voldo. He rocked.

voriax
01-13-2009, 04:37 AM
Voldo .. the bondage fetishist from hell.

He does have some good moves though.

DiedonD
01-13-2009, 04:48 AM
:gotpics:

beverins
01-13-2009, 08:35 AM
Xinhua's my fave as well :-) But the Elvis Impersonator with the Nunchucks (forgot his name) pretty fun too once you get on a combo-roll.

I wish they would release #4 for the Wii even with cut down GFX. I realize GFX is the whole selling point of 3d fighting games, but I think Wii owners would buy it simply because we're starved for a good fighter - Castlevania Legends is a good attempt, and Smash Brothers.. and that's about it.