PDA

View Full Version : Include Amelie!

Mylenium
08-11-2003, 01:16 PM
Well, thread name says it all. I've only been playing with it for 10 minutes today and it is just amazing. With a bit of polishing this could easily replace LW's current expression system.

Mylenium

Dodgy
08-11-2003, 04:42 PM
Not this too! Awwww I just paid for it! LOL

It would be a great addition to LW's toolset! No more messing with finicky syntax :)

hairy_llama
08-11-2003, 09:01 PM
I agree, this would make expressions a lot easer and cleaner from what I have seen of it.

I've got to go play around with the demo :)

Mylenium
08-11-2003, 11:27 PM
Well, Dodgy,

It's not that non-syntax approach that makes Amelie so appealing (personally I would even prever classical scripting) but its flexibility. As you already may have noticed you can create entire systems that are only driven by expressions - you cannot do that with LW's own system 'cos most of the time channels are not aware of the things expressions do. Also ask yourself: How complex can things get with only for lines of code? I'd say: Forget it! This disadvantage is becoming quite obvious especially once you begin to add conditional statements. It's not that I want to write such complex things as Maya's particle expressions, but a bit more control surely wouldn't harm. If a third party developer can do it for only 49,- $ (I also added it to my list of soon to buy tools), NT should be able to do it as well.

Mylenium