PDA

View Full Version : Can't find the 'move plus' tool in the 'Configure Keys' panel

JeffrySG
01-09-2009, 07:41 AM
Hey all...

I'm trying to assign the 'move plus' tool to a keyboard short cut but I cannot find it in the left hand side of the 'configure keys' panel. Does anyone know what it is named in that panel? I know sometimes the tools have different names. I've searched for 'plus' and 'move' but don't see it.

Thanks!
Jeff

JeffrySG
01-09-2009, 08:46 AM
Ok, does anyone remember that modelr plugin / lscript that will let you select any polygon that is off axis and it will rotate the object so that poly is flat on the XZ plane? to allow you to add detail to that area easily? Then it will rotate it back when you are done...

It's kind of like having a ortho view for a custom plane like Wings3d has.

evenflcw
01-09-2009, 08:48 AM
Translate Plus? (contained within polytools.p)

evenflcw
01-09-2009, 08:50 AM
Other one might be cplane: http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1535

JeffrySG
01-09-2009, 08:51 AM
Other one might be cplane: http://www.flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=1535

yes! cplane is it! thx!!

JeffrySG
01-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Translate Plus? (contained within polytools.p)

Translate plus and move plus are two different tools though....

I see the tools I just can't find them in the keyboard shortcut window... Move Plus is not to be found in the keyboard shortcut left window so I can't assign a key to it... it's probably called something intuitive like 'secret tool name'. ;)

evenflcw
01-09-2009, 09:11 AM
Ok, checked manual what Move Plus was supposed to be about. I really don't think you'll find it under that name! Taking the hint from the manual, the Move Plus tool is described right before Translate Plus, but in reality Translate (no Plus) features match that of Move Plus. Except the rmb modifier is not Shift, but Ctrl.

Damn NT for not implementing falloff for this tool. 5 tools that do almost the same thing. This tool could've completely replaced the regular move tool and point normal move. And they are completely aware of that fact as manual reveals. Bad NT!

JeffrySG
01-09-2009, 09:52 AM
Lol, I know... I'm just trying to get a keyboard shortcut to access a normal move for polygons. The 'move plus' tool lets us do this with a right-click. I don't think the 'translate plus' has a normal move for polygons, just for points.

I'll keep on searching for it, I'm sure it's just called something non-intuitive...

JeffrySG
01-09-2009, 10:03 AM
Well I looked through all of the menu choices and I didn't see anything that I think can be it... if anyone knows, just let me know...

thx

Dexter2999
01-09-2009, 10:39 AM
In 9.3.1 it is on the Modify tab under Translate>More>Move Plus

JeffrySG
01-09-2009, 10:49 AM
No.... lol... I know where the actual tool is.... It just doesn't exist in the keyboard menu set up panel. So I cannot assign a keyboard shortcut to it because I can't find it in the left hand menu of that panel.... :)

So if anyone knows what it is called in that panel just let me know...

artstorm
01-09-2009, 11:15 AM
Move Plus is called Translate in the Command List. So to add a shortcut to the tool, Assign the shortcut to "Modeler Tools->Translate" in the Configure Keys panel, that's Move Plus.

JeffrySG
01-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Move Plus is called Translate in the Command List. So to add a shortcut to the tool, Assign the shortcut to "Modeler Tools->Translate" in the Configure Keys panel, that's Move Plus.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Thank you so much... I never would have guessed that one!

you website looks really nice too! The fix symmetry script looks great!

artstorm
01-09-2009, 11:45 AM
The fix symmetry script looks great!

Fixed a problem with that one, that makes it go unnecessary slow on denser meshes, haven't got around updating the archive, but gonna do that soon. :)

colkai
01-09-2009, 12:40 PM
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

Thank you so much... I never would have guessed that one!

Yup, that's one of those little inconsistencies which can really throw you.

JeffrySG
01-09-2009, 10:42 PM
Yup, that's one of those little inconsistencies which can really throw you.

And of course I lost my secret LW decoder ring, other wise I would have been able to figure it out! lol

colkai
01-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Also, I meant to say, JettoLocal for me is better than C-plane for handling 'local orientation modelling. Not least of which because, it uses the layername to store what it's done, so unlike c-plane, you can save your object, close modeller, re-open it and run jetto-local and it still returns it to it's start posn. :)