PDA

View Full Version : adding plug-ins

jupussi
08-11-2003, 08:21 AM
Hello

This is newbie question. It might be answered earlier, but didn't find it with the search.

How do I add the default plug-ins to modeller?

Previously I had a problem of modeller crashing. I had it fixed, but in the process of trying to fix the problem I deleted the cfg files. Now I'm missing the plugins from modeller. For example I have only the box, ball, disc and cone objects available in the create tab. I assume the other tools are plug-ins becouse they are missing. Eg capsule, gear...

I read the chapter of plug-ins from the manual. I scanned the lightwave directory for plug-ins, and it did find them. But I don't undestand how to get them to the UI. Do I have to add them one by one via the Edit Menu Layout? Can't be that hard I guess?

I'm using 7.5c In a Win2000.

08-11-2003, 02:21 PM
modler
plugins
edit plugins
'scan directory'
-navigate to directory thats definitly got all the plugins within it somewhere (it searches subfolders)
go for it

same in LW itself

unlike early versions it doesn't seem to 'multiple list' plugins no matter how many times you do the 'scan directory' bit

jupussi
08-12-2003, 02:37 AM
I have done just that. It found 369 plug-ins in the lightwave directory.

But the plug-ins doesn't show in the modeller.

The found plug-ins should be added automatically to the modeller interface, right?

richpr
08-12-2003, 02:41 AM
Wrong, you need to put them in the menu's... Modeler->Interface->Edit Menu Layout...

You should see your plug-ins on the Construct tab->Additional

jupussi
08-12-2003, 06:17 AM
So, any easy way to get menu setup like in fresh install? I don't want any fancy custom setups, just the default thing.

Do I have to install Lighwave again to get the default menu settings?

riki
08-12-2003, 07:09 AM
Use 'Option+F10' or 'ALT+F10' and then select 'Default' in the drop down 'Preset' menu.

prospector
08-12-2003, 08:11 AM
The default setting will put all those plug-ins under the 'Additional' tab unless you put them into a custom menu

riki
08-12-2003, 08:22 AM
Some are pre-mapped, clear all plugs and you'll see your menu's shrink.

jupussi
08-12-2003, 12:23 PM
Thanks!

The 'ALT+F10' and then select 'Default' was what I were looking for.