PDA

View Full Version : PRS Show open. 9.5 + Fprim

monovich
01-06-2009, 11:38 AM
Hi Again,

Here is another project I finished midway through last year that I never got around to putting online (I need to do a new website).

This was for a pilot episode of a behind-the-scenes music show where they hang out with bands on tour. It is sponsored by the PRS guitar company.

I only had a few weeks to put this together, and it was just me, so I bought almost all of the models from 3d02 except for the stage, main amps, and guitar.

I did have to re-texture all the models in LW because many came as .max etc.

I did it all in 9.5 and rendered it in FPrime again due to time considerations. FPrime still cranks some scenes out so much quicker.

Hopefully this one doesn't end up being a David Fincher ripoff? ;)

My buddy Nathan DeCaesar helped a bunch with the footage montage in there.

http://www.vimeo.com/2210070

monovich
01-06-2009, 11:43 AM
shoot! wrong forum. could a mod move this to the 9.5 gallery?

sorry!

biliousfrog
01-07-2009, 03:25 AM
Wicked!

PRS + Lightwave, does it get any better?

Really nice flow to it and lots of nice little touches like the bird inlays flying off the neck.

Was it all Lightwave or did you use a compositor?

doimus
01-07-2009, 06:15 AM
Wicked!

Yes it does,
Fender Telecaster + Lightwave on Amiga! :D

PS: Didn't know PRS had amps now, must've been ages since I last checked their website.

monovich
01-07-2009, 08:57 AM
Wicked!

Really nice flow to it and lots of nice little touches like the bird inlays flying off the neck.

Was it all Lightwave or did you use a compositor?

I used After Effects to do post effects like DOF, glows, and lens flares. I also did the birds flying off the neck in post, but after looking at that part for the first time in many months, I'd love to re-do it. the birds are a little thin.

The last part with the title is AE also.

thanks! :)