PDA

View Full Version : Do I have to register DFX seperately?

Simon
08-11-2003, 06:49 AM
Ok, just got my DFX package today :)

My local dealer mentioned I need to install the new Lightwave 7.5 cd it came with and register that as it's got a different serial number to my old Lightwave installation, which I've done, and am waiting for a new LW licence key.

Does anyone know if I still have to register DFX seperately, or will it use the new licence key I get back for Lightwave? The manual mentions it's done automatically when a toaster bundle is registered, so I assume it's the same for LW bundle?

Oh, and I'm not sure if I'll have to uninstal them both and start again, as opening DFX still shows my old LW serial number in the pop up box even though I just installed the new LW???? (Running on XP prof) Is that going to be a problem??

Cheers for any help ... !

mrunion
08-11-2003, 10:38 AM
I'm not sure about what you have to do if you are upgrading from a pre-7.5 version. I do know that you have to go to DFX's site and put in some info about yourself and LW. You'll then get a .DAT file to put in the DFX+ directory. After that, things should be fine.

colkai
08-12-2003, 02:49 AM
Yup,
That's how it is done.
You can either wait for the e-mail with th eDAT file attached, or, if you're really keen ;) Just copy & paste the text shown at the end of the process into a 'dat' file with the right name.
(Yeah - I did the latter - saved all of 5 minutes ;))

Simon
08-12-2003, 06:34 AM
Thanks. The manual confused me, I should have just dived in like the impatient fool I usually am with new toys, and ignored the instructions .... and yes I copy and pasted too!