PDA

View Full Version : Help needed: Custom Transition

tomv
01-05-2009, 01:28 PM
Hello,

I'm looking for help in obtaining a custom transition for our broadcasts. We want to have our logo fly in then out to transition in and out of replays, much like ESPN, FSN and other sports station do. Any information on where I can find someone who can do this, or any pointers on how we may be able to do this ourselves would be appreiciated.

Thanks.

joseburgos
01-05-2009, 02:21 PM
Sent you private mesg.

UnCommonGrafx
01-05-2009, 02:35 PM
Thanks for saving me the moment, Jose: I was gonna say, "Ask Jose!"

omegaproduction
01-19-2009, 12:47 PM
I need help on how to create a custom transition for my Tricaster Pro FX. Thanks in advance.

billmi
01-21-2009, 08:20 PM
There are three basic routes to go:

1 - If the transition is to be a wipe, with or without animation overlayed on it, it can be built in Aura, using a pluggin for creating NewTek DVEs.

2 - If the transition is to be a wipe, or if it is going to warp, scale or rotate one of the video sources, it must be built in Lightwave 3D using surface pluggins for creating DVEs, and then compiled in NewTek's DVE compiler program.

3 - Talk to someone like Jose, Billpana or myself, who builds custom DVEs and have one of us build it for you.

joseburgos
01-25-2009, 09:54 AM
3 - Talk to someone like Jose, Billpana or myself, who builds custom DVEs and have one of us build it for you.

Want to add that Bill Mills and Bill Pana both have a nice collection of pre-made DVE's for sale.
Look at their sites first to see if something fits your needs;
http://www.discreetfx.com/
http://www.corin.com/wipes/

All three of us create custom VFX content for the Newtek product line.
This includes but not limited to DVE, LiveSet and 3D Animation/Modeling.
We are all professional business men with reasonable rates.

Take care,

cbudrecki
11-10-2009, 01:11 PM
:help:Any words of advice for using the Digital Juice 'Swipes!' as transitions on a TriCaster Pro?

joseburgos
11-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Just use Aura and convert them for you own use. You can't re-sell them as DVE/Transitions but you can use any you own that you convert.

cbudrecki
11-10-2009, 11:17 PM
OK, well still a bit new to this... I take it Aura is the Aura video converter (www.aura4you.com), then what format do I need to go to, and how do I get it loaded on the TriCaster? Any idea if it's better to export from Juicer first, or just pull the swipes directly off the disc? thanks for the help.

SBowie
11-11-2009, 05:20 AM
I take it Aura is the Aura video converter (www.aura4you.com)No, unfortunately that's incorrect. Josť was referring to NewTek's own Aura program, which is a video paint application that is currently only available as a part of the VT[5] suite.

cbudrecki
11-11-2009, 11:42 AM
OK, any ways of doing it without VT5?

joseburgos
11-11-2009, 02:43 PM
You could use LW but it would be a much different process and I no longer see the plug-in in the downloads section.

bbailey
12-18-2009, 01:02 PM
Bill or Jose,

I managed to buy a licensed Aura Program. I swear I saw a link to the pluggin which would allow me to build my own transitions like the ones Bill compiled for me at the beginning of this year's football season, but I can't seem to find the pluggin, now. Can you direct me?

Bob Bailey

joseburgos
12-20-2009, 10:17 AM
Aura VT Wipe Plug-in (http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=53644&d=1199747807)

bluedevils9109
11-11-2011, 05:44 PM
Hello, I have a TriCaster 850 and I have been searching everywhere for a way to convert a wipe into a transition. What is the best way? All of the links that I find are dead, can someone please help me. Thanks!

kltv
11-11-2011, 07:09 PM
850 or 850 Extreme?

With a regular 850 you can't have a custom DVE. You'd have to run the animation out of the DDR in a DSK and cut or dissolve underneath the animation.

With an Extreme, you use the included Animation Store Creator to build the effect.

Kris

bluedevils9109
11-13-2011, 12:06 AM
I do not have the extreme. So is there no other program that I can use to create the DVE file? It's just very difficult to time up the transition using a ddr and they are already being used for something else.

kltv
11-13-2011, 12:40 AM
I do not have the extreme. So is there no other program that I can use to create the DVE file? It's just very difficult to time up the transition using a ddr and they are already being used for something else.

Nope. The non-Extreme versions do not have the capability for animated transitions as DVEs.

If you can sacrifice a DDR and DSK, I'd suggest using Dhomas' Master Control product to control the effect and the timing. You can set it up to run the entire effect flawlessly every time. One button execution for the entire effect is possible.

http://www.youngmonkey.ca/hands/Software/MasterControl/index.html

Kris