PDA

View Full Version : Multiple Chroma Keyers

Dub2Dat
01-05-2009, 09:30 AM
It would be useful to have the ability to chroma key more than one color on the same scene at the same time.

Here's the situation. I started out chroma keying head to waist shots against a blue wall. This worked so well soon some of my clients wanted to key full body shots...head to feet. My wall was blue. My carpet was a kinda greenish brownish color. I could key the wall or key the carpet but not both at the same time.

Since I couldn't do two keys at once I had to find a work-a-round...blue carpet.

Paul Lara
01-05-2009, 12:05 PM
even if you COULD key multiple colors, good luck trying to key anything with brown tones and not affect your talent. :D

SBowie
01-05-2009, 01:35 PM
even if you COULD key multiple colors, good luck trying to key anything with brown tones and not affect your talent. :DUnless they are smurfs? But wait ... ;)

billmi
01-05-2009, 01:52 PM
Greenscreen humor....

This immediately came to mind, and wouldn't you know, someone in the audience preserved it on YouTube...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=489YJF7zhro

ted
01-05-2009, 02:24 PM
Bill, where do you find this stuff? :D
And to think it was titled after you and me! :thumbsup:
I wonder how many in the audience got how funny that really was.

billmi
01-06-2009, 05:20 PM
Bill, where do you find this stuff? :D

Sitting front row at that show when it was live...
The Bill & Ted stage show is one of the best parts of Haloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando.
Quick search on YouTube, and sure enough, someone bootlegged it.

And to think it was titled after you and me! :thumbsup:

Does that mean that together, we are Wyld Stalion [insert guitar riff]?

I wonder how many in the audience got how funny that really was.

I figure it balances the pop/celebrity references that I didn't get because I don't read the tabloids or watch E!