PDA

View Full Version : Problem with "use weight map only" toggle

holimolibill
01-03-2009, 09:39 PM
I need to set all of my bones inside of a character to "Use Weight Map Only" in order to export it correctly to the Unity game engine. The problem is whenever I select the option to do so in the bone properties panel, the weight maps the bones were associated with no longer function. In fact, it looks like the weight map has completely disappeared. If I turn it back off again, everything is fine. Stranger still, everything works correctly inside of Unity when I export the character with "Use Weight Map Only" turned on. It just does not work correctly inside of Lightwave. I think it is important to have it work in both so that I don't have to turn things on and off every time I Export.

I have attached a screen grab showing what happens before and after I toggle the option. This happens in LW 9.2, 9.3.1 and 9.5b for the MAC. If anyone has any ideas I would be eternally grateful.

Sensei
01-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Couple thoughts:
- did you enable Weight Map Only on the absolute all bones driving your object?
- did you pressed 'r' key on keyboard after making each bone?

holimolibill
01-05-2009, 07:59 AM
Thanks for responding Sensei. I have enabled all of the bones to use weight map only and most (with the exception of 2 or 3) lose their influence on the model. The strange thing is, that when I have the use weight map only option tuned on, and have bone weight shading on, It looks as if the weight maps disappear.

All the bones were indeed rested on the T frame as well.

Sensei
01-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Can you show how weight map (in viewport's Weight Shade mode) looks in Modeler?

holimolibill
01-07-2009, 03:00 PM
Sensei-

I fixed the problem. Your suggestion about enabling all the bones got me thinking about checking the entire hierarchy. I had one small bone in that was not assigned a map which threw everything off. Once it was assigned all was right with the world.

Thanks again.

Sensei
01-07-2009, 05:47 PM
The next time you can do it very quickly by opening Scene Editor, and clicking on Property tab and selecting Bone Influence..
I am glad you solved problem, I was 99% sure it must be caused by this issue..