PDA

View Full Version : Copy Camera Settings Across Various Inputs

AndrewLock
01-03-2009, 09:05 PM
When I'm using multiple cameras for a green screen setup, it takes awhile to adjust the various settings on the Tricaster to get the perfect key.

Currently there's no way to copy the settings from one camera across to the others, which means that each camera has to be setup individually which takes a lot longer than it needs to.

Generally if you're using the same model of camera the settings on the Tricaster remain the same across all the cameras, so a 'copy' function would be most helpful.

ted
01-03-2009, 10:37 PM
A copy would no doubt be nice, but even with 2 HVX 200's the adjustments are different.

Dub2Dat
01-05-2009, 09:09 AM
A copy would no doubt be nice, but even with 2 HVX 200's the adjustments are different.

Depending on lighting an camera angles the setting may be different but at lease a copy function would get you in the ball park. An even better solution would be a way to save settings on a project by project bases.

csandy
01-24-2009, 12:18 PM
Depending on lighting an camera angles the setting may be different but at lease a copy function would get you in the ball park. An even better solution would be a way to save settings on a project by project bases.

I fully agree with you. Every time I am keying I think this feature is missing - but I forget to come back to the forum and mention it. I'm glad you have. It seems like a logical function that would save a TriCaster user a lot of time. You should be able to set up keying profiles for each camera and each shoot.

Quiet1onTheSet
01-31-2009, 10:59 AM
W

Generally if you're using the same model of camera the settings on the Tricaster remain the same across all the cameras, so a 'copy' function would be most helpful.

...And presets for each input might also be as helpful, though in the real world, one would likely have to tweak a bit still, when recalling them.

That said, Ted makes a valid point, which in effect, is parallel in nature to what I'm suggesting here.

Also, a separate DEFAULT button for each of the inputs, along with the SAVE/RECALL buttons might be a nicety as well.