PDA

View Full Version : eyedrop tool

meshmaster
08-10-2003, 05:48 PM
I was working with textures tonight, and was messing with changing surface colors, etc... I was basing my color on a background image - and what I kept thinking to myself was Gee, wouldn't it be a lot easier if there was an eyedrop tool in the surface editor that acted like the one in Adobe Photoshop, where you just click on a pixel and that becomes your chosen color - that'd be really handy, and not too hard to implement! :)

CardMSG
08-12-2003, 12:47 AM
Here's a pretty cool "free" tool that can be used to sample colors from anywhere on your screen.

http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html

There's even a built in magnifyer to get an exact color. Now it doesn't drop the color into LightWave, but it's still a pretty cool little utility.

Mylenium
08-12-2003, 03:12 AM
You can always use "Picky" as your color picker - it will do exactly what you need.

Mylenium

meshmaster
08-12-2003, 10:25 AM
it'd be nice to have something like that in lw, especially since I'm usually running full screen so that I can see the buttons at the bottom.

Triple G
08-12-2003, 11:02 PM
In case you didn't know, you can get a readout of the RGBA values (as well as the XY image coordinates) of any given pixel in your Image Viewer simply by left-clicking and holding down the mouse button. But I agree, a true eyedropper tool, built-in, would be rather handy.