PDA

View Full Version : Massive copy paste of dynamics?

MUCUS
01-02-2009, 11:28 AM
Hi everybody!

I was asking myself how could I copy paste a dynamics setup (basic hard fx with gravity), from one layer to many others in one time?
I was looking in spreadsheet and scene editor but didn't find that, have I miss something?

Axis3d
01-07-2009, 07:15 PM
You could clone the object with the dynamics, then replace that object with the new object. It will retain the dynamics.

bgolden
02-20-2010, 05:24 PM
Is there not a more direct solution such as copying and pasting surface attributes? It would be nice if it was set up where you could simply right-mouse click, copy and past hardfx from one layer to another for instance. Is there a way to do that?

UnCommonGrafx
02-20-2010, 06:14 PM
Smiling...
The only way that I can think of to do that doesn't involve the UI.

Open a scene and find your dynamics info. Study what it looks like, how it points to the object it's attached to. From there, you can attach it to other items in the scene with a search and replace.
Notepad is quite under-rated. ;)

evenflcw
02-20-2010, 06:36 PM
Did you check the first or second tab in Object Properties? Can't you find any dynamics entries there that you can rightclick and copy? The last tab IS just for show. There is no dynamics class of plugins. They are all either displacement or custom object class. The last tab is just for those suckers that requested "integrated dynamics". For no good reason if you ask me. All they had to do was sort the plugin lists somehow, and possibly join them. A user could care less what type of plugin class something is. That is software developer GUI design. Custom objects as a class are pretty much obsolete today anyway. Long Live Gizmos!