PDA

View Full Version : Image Editor - proxy filename for image/sequence

vncnt
01-02-2009, 04:47 AM
Too much time is wasted to adjust various camera/object/hypervoxel/image settings to match the type of rendering needed.

There should be a user-defined global preset for switching between various quality levels between OpenGL previewing, preview CPU rendering and final CPU rendering.

Use the proxy version of each image/sequence during OpenGL preview and low quality rendering. Switch to hi-res files just before high quality rendering. The filename of each proxy version could be predefined. The file itself could even be automatically generated by LW on command.

Results: faster workflow, less mistakes, focus on modeling and animation

Lightwolf
01-02-2009, 04:52 AM
Use the proxy version of each image/sequence during OpenGL preview and low quality rendering. Switch to hi-res files just before high quality rendering. The filename of each proxy version could be predefined. The file itself could even be automatically generated by LW on command.

Hm, I wrote something like that ages ago, alas, for 5.6 only (and it also included a Dopesheet for hand animated drawings).
http://www.flay.com/gif/news/ringoffire/DopeSheet.htm

I suppose it would be much easier for me to code now that I have a better grasp of the SDK.

Cheers,
Mike

vncnt
01-04-2009, 03:35 AM
My biggest concern is that I need to open several dialogs for each relevant object, light, camera and plugin (on/off).
Just to switch between the various quality levels of output.

A matrix with the most important parameters (Y-axis) for each quality level (X-axis) so you can select a quality level just before rendering would do the trick.

Creating a proxy version of an image/sequence can be done in several way's. We all have our own favorite way. Would be difficult to set a standard.
Essential is to select either the proxy or the final version just before rendering.
However the definition of file path and file name should be a fixed parameter for each image/seq.

It's rendertime vs quality at any moment in the production process.
Specify once and switch as many times as you like just before hitting F9 or F10.

Hmm, maybe Scene Editor could use an upgrade to actually implement such a "Quality aka Rendertime Control" feature.