PDA

View Full Version : Changing the speed Of an animation

wulfie
01-01-2009, 04:41 PM
I would like to speed up my animation.....what is the best way of doing it.....can't do it in post. I don't want to scale the keys.....I just all keys to be closer together. Working in 9.3.1.

Thanks!

Bev

geothefaust
01-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Hi Bev,

I do believe that scaling the keys would be the way to do that. :o

Sekhar
01-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Not sure what you mean. You don't want to scale the keys, but want to bring them together? May be you mean make the animation faster in time, but over the same number of frames? In that case, just increase the frame rate in options.

If you did mean reducing the frames, you'll have to scale the keys as Geo suggested. Very easy: just do a numeric scale in Graph Editor (Ctrl+F2).

wulfie
01-01-2009, 09:06 PM
Thank you Geothefaust and Sekhar for your responses. I just want the whole animation to go faster. When I scale the keys they are fast at first then slow down......kind of like taper. Of course I may using scale keys the wrong way. I did it in the old scene editor...because I am not as familiar with the new scene editor. So I want every key to be a certain percentage closer than it was. And I have many many keys! Bones and objects included.
Ordinarily I could just speed it up in post but I need to tweak some changes with the background video playing. I don't think I have tried your last suggestion Sekhar. I will. Meanwhile all suggestions are welcome and greatly appreciated.

Bev

(PS, whereabouts in the Oregon Territory geothefaust?)

geothefaust
01-01-2009, 11:20 PM
Hey there Bev, :)

Sorry! I didn't even of what Sekhar mentioned, that would speed it up with out messing around the timing of your animation. I think that is probably what you're looking for. Hope this helps!

I'm in Portland as well! I live in SE Portland out near Gresham (born and raised too!). What part of Portland are you in? It's a great city to live in, although it was for the two weeks we had snow...

geothefaust
01-03-2009, 12:57 AM
Hey there Bev, :)

Sorry! I didn't even of what Sekhar mentioned, that would speed it up with out messing around the timing of your animation. I think that is probably what you're looking for. Hope this helps!

I'm in Portland as well! I live in SE Portland out near Gresham (born and raised too!). What part of Portland are you in? It's a great city to live in, although it was for the two weeks we had snow...

Woops, looks like H311 got edited out...
The snow was Hades incarnate!