PDA

View Full Version : OT: Way to go MicroSloth...

Hopper
12-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Another brilliant product from Micro$oft..

http://www.cnn.com/2008/TECH/12/31/zune.player.failures/index.html

Good work morons.

Andyjaggy
12-31-2008, 01:57 PM
Wow, that's a really weird bug, for all zunes to stop working at the same time. My Apple products always just crash and die randomly like normal electronics.

How's that copy and paste coming on the iphone anyway? :)

geothefaust
12-31-2008, 01:58 PM
LOL

That's really funny. Glad I never purchased one of those.

art
12-31-2008, 02:24 PM
I still have (but not use much) my 1999 20GB neo jukebox. Quite bulky and primitive by today's standards, but it still works fine.

zapper1998
01-01-2009, 07:34 AM
That's Real Funny, M$, boo boo, big time bad...

:)

ercaxus
01-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Wow, that's a really weird bug, for all zunes to stop working at the same time. My Apple products always just crash and die randomly like normal electronics.

I recommend G1. It has Android OS(linux) and it can do some copy/paste and after the 2009 Q1 update it's going to have it fully working everywhere.

adamredwoods
01-01-2009, 05:09 PM
My finacee bought me a Zune, but it didn't work with my Mac, nor did it work on my old PC without wanting to download 100+MB of updates, which I didn't need. All for a little music player.

MooseDog
01-02-2009, 05:26 AM
...nor did it work on my old PC without wanting to download 100+MB of updates, which I didn't need...

microsoft did that? really? :D

Captain Obvious
01-02-2009, 10:03 AM
Heck, I had to install a firmware upgrade for the bloody KEYBOARD on my new MacPro at work.
Vista recommended me to upgrade the drivers for my monitor a while ago. It's a cheap-*** plug-n-play LCD, and it needs drivers? What the heck?

Mac OS X told me to upgrade the keyboard firmware, too, but I didn't bother. It didn't seem necessary, since it's a keyboard and it works just fine.

Captain Obvious
01-02-2009, 11:09 AM
The Windows monitor "drivers" are just the information concerning available display modes etc. for that given display. Sometimes they're corrected if they contain wrong info or are missing info.
Ah, that makes more sense. So it's not actually a driver in the technical sense, then.

But nice work Apple. Keyboards that need patches
F12 is F12, but press and hold it and it ejects the optical drive. I don't know if this is something done inside the keyboard or inside the operating system, though... It could be one possible explanation, though.

If it was a Microsoft keyboard the internet would be full of articles and this forum would have had 2 or 3 news posts about it in various sections.
And Marinello would never, ever shut up about it! :p

Stooch
01-02-2009, 12:24 PM

lol copy and paste is just the tip of the iceberg. what really pisses me off is the lack of flash support.

all rumors point to steve jobs being a douche bag. apparently he doesnt want to give up too much control...

wow. such a beatiful device operated by such nazis...

Andyjaggy
01-02-2009, 12:27 PM
Well he might be gone soon. Not that I wish death on anyone, but it will be interesting to see where the company goes after he is gone.

adamredwoods
01-02-2009, 01:26 PM
what really pisses me off is the lack of flash support.

all rumors point to steve jobs being a douche bag. apparently he doesnt want to give up too much control...

I hate the iPhone just for that. Such political B$.