PDA

View Full Version : Mutters Liebe

dzogchen
02-24-2003, 06:51 PM
LuLu and NaNa. Mother and daughter. Mutters Liebe.

dmg3d
02-24-2003, 08:00 PM
Nice work... very whimsical (in an alien sort of way) ... I especially like the texturing.

-Dave

Zombat
02-25-2003, 05:42 AM
Weird...but cool. I'd like to see some more muscular development, even if it is an alien. perhaps a bump map or two.

dzogchen
02-25-2003, 07:19 AM
Bump map for muscular development?

Zombat
02-25-2003, 07:58 AM
Hmm. that was'nt very clear - A bump map for the skin - its too smooth. As for muscles - the joints need help, and the arms look like tubes, like there aren't any bones

dmg3d
02-25-2003, 08:15 AM
I agree about the joints... that bent elbow looks painful... but no muscle development. It kind of has that "Jimmy Neutron" look... more of an 3d-illustrated look which I like. I guess it depends where you're going with this.

-Dave

dzogchen
03-01-2003, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by dmg3d
I agree about the joints... that bent elbow looks painful... but no muscle development.

-Dave

I have readjusted the elbow joint - think it looks much better now. This is a radiosity render, took me 1h 31 mins but I think it is worth it. No bump map for the skin, I like the smooth velvety look.

Max Wolf
03-01-2003, 12:26 PM
??? =D

Zombat
03-01-2003, 10:11 PM
Still freaky. Scares the living **** out of me, but its good..

dzogchen
03-02-2003, 04:17 AM
Originally posted by Zombat
Still freaky. Scares the living **** out of me, but its good..

SIGH!!!! :confused: They are supposed to be adorable!:( :D ;) :p They are created to amuse my 2 years old niece, Nadya ( pet name Nana).

Epita
03-02-2003, 08:01 AM
Yeah me too. They look like some strange Alien lesbos (!) The hair is really great though!

Epita

cathuria
03-02-2003, 08:11 AM
Terrific modeling job -- and I really like the radiosity shot...

Okay . . . they are adorable . . . in a Cthulhu-oid sort of way.;)

Zombat
03-02-2003, 09:02 AM
Heh. Keep in mind I'm most likely a little older than your sister. :)

Perhaps its just the fact that theyre just staring out into space, I dunno.

'course, i'm not in a position to do any better - I'm only just getting into organic modelling.

TerryFord
03-02-2003, 11:39 AM
I really like them, they're cute and original. I agree that the radiosity version is much nicer, the first picture has a yellow cast that detracts from the image.

Still waiting for an animation dzogchen :).

Regards,
Terry

Kuzey
03-02-2003, 04:54 PM
Coolness...I like them!!

Any plans to model the father, brother and the household pet :p

Kuzey

Cozfx
03-02-2003, 08:47 PM
Cool Sea Monkeys! -Coz

dzogchen
03-13-2003, 01:02 PM
Thanks Terry, glad you like it! I am a fan of your work:D
Ok here is a test animation of NaNa trying to fly- only 2 sec animation but took me about 3 and a half hour to create. :o :p Bear in mind this is my first attempt to animate, so it's not fantastic.
NaNa tries to fly (http://members.lycos.co.uk/dzogchen/NaNa..avi)
Divx 5.0.3 codecs

TerryFord
03-13-2003, 02:09 PM
Hee, looking good. I'd like to see her take a run at it... :)

Bone influences look good, I'm not much of an animator but maybe a bit more bend in the knees and a "determined" expression before she takes off?

More!

P.S. I want a keychain and car air freshener version! :)

Regards,
Terry

Rory_L
03-13-2003, 06:34 PM
I was in the "Ick: scary!" camp before I saw her in motion, but I think she`s lovely now!

You`ve got a good start on your animation there, but you might want to have the feet/legs move side to side a bit; and waggle the `hair` and bangles on the landing.

Cheers,

R

dzogchen
03-14-2003, 12:31 AM
Thanks guys, glad it's not as atrocious as I thought. I have to rebuild the rig before I animate her further. The current rig is temporary, no IK chain, the fingers not rigged - the animation is done solely using FK. I am still looking at book to learn and I am tempted to buy ACS4 to make life easier for me:p
Roy: Waggle the 'hair' is a good idea.

dzogchen
03-18-2003, 01:29 AM
New Look.

TerryFord
03-18-2003, 05:31 AM
Nice Pose. I like the glittery texture on the bows and flower. Is that procedural or texture map?

Regards,
Terry

dzogchen
03-18-2003, 10:26 AM
Hi Terry,

That texture is procedural. I have the reflection with gradient on bump.

Jared

dzogchen
03-18-2003, 04:11 PM
New improved version. Less stiff and better timing ... I guess :D
New version Divx codec 5.0.3 (http://members.lycos.co.uk/dzogchen/NaNa2.avi)

TerryFord
03-18-2003, 06:08 PM
Definite improvement IMHO. Her expressions look better too. Is her "hair" boned? Some overlapping action there like Rory suggested might be good. Not that I could do any better...

There's a nice explanation of overlapping action here;
overlapping action (http://www.awn.com/tooninstitute/lessonplan/overlapping.htm)

One day I intend to put all this animation theory into practice, instead of telling other people to do it :)

Regards,
Terry

starbase1
03-19-2003, 05:20 AM
I really like this character a lot. Different enough to be very interesting visually, packed with personality. The simplicity of the overall shape is remiscent of a superior childs stop motion animation - but the extra detail where it counts, particlarly those eyes, takes it way beyond that level.

I say give her a TV series right now!

Nick

Capel
03-20-2003, 12:08 PM
Hmmm, i took a look at your animation. If you hadn't said she was attempting to fly, i wouldn't know what the heck she was doing. I'd suggest putting a floor beneath her feet, and having her JUMP into the air and then start flapping her arms. When she lands there needs to be some bending at the knees, so she appears to have some weight. Just my 2 cents.

dzogchen
03-23-2003, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Capel
Hmmm, i took a look at your animation. If you hadn't said she was attempting to fly, i wouldn't know what the heck she was doing.

My 2 years old niece could tell what she is doing and you can't? ;) :D :p THis is merely my 2 sec test animation. I would definitely take your suggestion into consideration if it is a longer one. :) Now off to create more stuff to amuse my niece.

Capel
03-23-2003, 10:15 PM
Whoah there, partner. Just a suggestion. No need to take offense. After all, that's what the forum is for, suggestions and critiques, which is what i gave you. Go ahead and skim through my post again and you'll find an explanation for what I think you could do to improve that little 2 second animation. After all, your demo is only as good as it's worst part! Famous words from my good friend Jeremy Nelson! Anyhoo, keep it up.