PDA

View Full Version : Layout and Modeler should share images

zardoz
12-30-2008, 12:26 PM
please don't turn this into a 'please integrate layout and modeler' thread.
I'm a fan of the two applications option...I work in a company with different softwares and pipelines and we're used to model in app X and render in app Z so having layout and modeler seems natural to me.
Yes, I would love to have some of modeler tools integrated in layout, like dragging points, weight maps and morphs tools, etc.

What I'm asking now is to have layout and modeler share the same images (textures, etc)...for memory reasons. I know that if I change an image in layout it gets updated in modeler and vice versa, but from what I can tell the images in modeler use memory, and the ones in layout use more memory.
This request is only for memory reasons.
Is my english clear?

tx

Sensei
12-30-2008, 01:31 PM
Not possible. Different processes have different address spaces..

vncnt
01-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Separate the image delivery service from both modeler and layout.

Maybe integrating both modeler and layout into one new application with customised interface (for modeling, map design, rigging, blocking, animating, lip-sync, SFX, lighting, camera, rendering) to keep everbody happy?

zapper1998
01-04-2009, 06:43 AM
Maybe integrating both modeler and layout into one new application with customised interface (for modeling, map design, rigging, blocking, animating, lip-sync, SFX, lighting, camera, rendering) to keep everbody happy?

NO....

Then there would be lots of new Problems...Bugs...etc etc

Lightwolf
01-04-2009, 06:45 AM
Then there would be lots of new Problems...Bugs...etc etc
Or a lot less due to more shared code.

Cheers,
Mike