PDA

View Full Version : Beginner Mesh Complications

Kyntas Romal
12-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Hey everyone, I am a relatively new user of the Lightwave 3D software. Recently I have been trying to model a NASA space shuttle for a project I'm working on.

With this model when I try to mirror the image to make it symetrical the mesh deforms slightly, only in a couple segments along the mirror line. This deformation however becomes obvious and unappealing when rendered. I cannot see any reason why this would occur, at least that I'm aware of. I have done some tests and it only seems to occure when the points of the mirrored image are merged or welded along the mirror axis line.

This only happens when I mirror the shuttle, if anyone has any ideas on how I can correct this problem I would greatly appreciate any feedback.

I have attached a sample jpeg of one of my problem segments, hopefully that will help clerify my problem.

Thanks in advance,

Kyntas.

zapper1998
12-28-2008, 05:57 PM
looks like the points are not merged, check for some 2 point polygons using the statistics panel..

can u load up a wire frame screen shot..??

Hopper
12-28-2008, 06:22 PM
What zapper said.

First Merge...

1) Press 'm'
2) Click Ok

Then remove all 2 point polys...

(in Polygon mode...)

1) Unselect all polys
2) Hit 'w', to bring up the statistics panel
3) Click on the entry labeled '2 Vertices'
4) Click the '+' icon next to the label
5) Press delete

Note: When pressing the '+' icon, you should see a hilighted line all the way around the model on the axis on which you mirrored.

Enjoy.