PDA

View Full Version : Need HELP: Unable to keep up with this capture configuration

jbialek
12-28-2008, 02:30 PM
Hey all.

I'm at a live gig, and I'm having some serious trouble recording with my VT5. I've been using this system for years, with no recording issues before. On three different hard drive systems, I've had failed recordings of my program feed. Two of the drive systems are eSATA enclosures, the other is my internal 4-drive RAID array. I'm recording using the DV type 2 codec so there isn't a lot of drive overhead.

I've had recordings fail on ALL THREE hard drives/arrays on multiple tries, and each time the total time recorded varies. There's nothing consistent to troubleshoot.

I've reseated the VT pci card, I've defragged, I've closed all modules I don't need when switching, I've even reinstalled VT5 here onsite to no avail. The problem is still persisting at random intervals.

PLEASE HELP WITH ANY INFO.

If you respond, I'll give a number I can be reached at if needed.

Thanks in advance.

Joel

SBowie
12-28-2008, 02:35 PM
One question (since it sounds like most other things have been checked) -are you attempting to record Program or Main?

jbialek
12-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Always recording Program feed.

animlab
12-30-2008, 08:07 AM
Try check your raid firstm if your raid is a raid 5.
I have a customer who had similiar problem. One of his HD in raid had minor problem that made the file system unstable but still can read and write at high speed. He reported capture stop randomly and SE/VT crashes without reason. I check all the posibility, re-installed VT and OS but no help. I noted that one of HD in the raid is from different manufactor then others (user said they replaced a bad HD before the problems started), I replaced that HD with same brand and model then rebuilded the raid. The system become better but still have problem in capture and sometimes SE/VT crashes.
Finally I delete the raid then re-create it. And user was happy everafter....

hruffin3
01-02-2009, 09:42 AM
on vt2 i got this - thought it was a bad drive - but it ended up that the raids cable was at fault - did you use the same connection cable for all three raids to the same pc

on vt5 with either liveset or livematte enabled my system (1 P4) will not keep up for more than 1 - 2 minutes or less - whereas without activating LS or LM recording is fine

microsofts performance monitor is extremely helpful to diagnose drive failures and see exactly where the problem is

:vticon: