PDA

View Full Version : Another step down the ladder...

shrox
12-27-2008, 12:12 AM
I am facing some serious housing issues, the fear is really starting to feel real. I am hoping somebody has a spare room or garage or shop I could stay in. An RV I could stay in or borrow would be great.

I am about to bottom out here. I have some "promising" aspects for the the second week in Jan 2009, but I just don't have the resources to make it through then.

All I carry in my car are my computer, (packed as cushy as possible), clothes, and the pets, not too bad in midsized coupe, but not roomy. My pets are clean, trained, and friendly. I can keep the place as if you never knew they were there.

Thanks LW friends. Right now I am in Bakersfield, Ca.

I am not very good at asking for help, it is embarrassing. I feel pretty small. I also feel like I must have made a mistake or done something wrong somewhere.

Anyway, I am facing the most serious housing issue, and I am scared.

rakker16mm
12-27-2008, 12:55 AM
Shrox I'm sorry to hear how rough things are right now. I know how tough it is to live out of a vehicle especially when it was not designed for it. Maybe you could find some one in the area who wants to trade their van for a coupe. It still not the Ritz Carlton but at least there would be more room for you and your pets. I wish I still had my 1954 IH Metrovan to give you. It wasn't as nice as an RV but it was roomier than a coupe. I hope things pan out for you in January.

MooseDog
12-27-2008, 05:42 PM
...I feel pretty small. I also feel like I must have made a mistake or done something wrong somewhere.

not in the least dude. please believe me, don't look back but forward. your perseverance and dedication to your future are building you some great karma that will come 'round to you. i was there, in a state called massachusetts, in a month called february :D.

in a book called confederacy of dunces, the main character likens life to a ferris wheel: "when you're up it feels like you'll never be down, and when you're down it feels like you'll never be up again. but life just keeps going round 'n round".

it's a useless half a world away, but there's a place to crash here in vermont.

best,

-r