PDA

View Full Version : Help meee!!!

Chinkylee
12-26-2008, 12:38 PM
I just started using Lightwave and its really fun to use but i need to export my layout scene as a video, avi or other. Ive been looking around but i havent found any way to do this. Can anyone help?

daforum
12-26-2008, 01:02 PM
You need to render out a set of targas or tiffs (frames) of your scene, then import the image sequence into After Effects or Final Cut Pro or Premiere and render out a movie to whatever size/ compression you require.

Fadlabi
12-26-2008, 01:02 PM
from Render>Render Global>Output

daforum
12-26-2008, 01:10 PM
It is possible to render a movie directly from Lightwave as Fadlabi has shown but I wouldn't recommend it, simply because if you are rendering a scene and your machine crashes you loose everything. Rendering an image sequence means you can render the next frame from where it crashed and continue from there.

Silkrooster
12-26-2008, 07:10 PM
After you set up the option for a sequence or an animation file, you then press F10 instead of F9 to render an animation istead of a still image.
Silk

Chinkylee
12-26-2008, 08:41 PM
im gonna use teh Render>RenderGlobal>Output method, ive set it up to my liking but how does it export the file? Do i render the scene again?

Chinkylee
12-26-2008, 08:52 PM
HOLD ON

I GOT IT TO WORK :)

got another question now.....
how do i disable the smoothed paths in the layout... i cant get my objects to stay still lol.

Silkrooster
12-26-2008, 09:32 PM
I am only guessing as to what your scene is doing as I did not see it, lol.
My guess is you are moving objects using keyframes and as they come to a stop they move backwards a bit then stop where they should be.
If thats the case open the graph editor and change the spline type. I think be default it is TCB, try linear. Anyway play with it see what happens if you change to another spline type or set the value of the TCB's See what happens if the Tension, Continuity, or Bias is -1.0 or 1.0.
Silk

Chinkylee
12-26-2008, 09:47 PM
Ok here is whats happening... i dont want any of these curved lines which are the paths of the objects i have they seem to be generated automatically

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/coMy3utP69EAIfL1ZyEWvw?feat=directlink

Silkrooster
12-26-2008, 10:20 PM
Those are motion paths. If you have version 9 or higher, press lowercase d or lowercase o for the option panel, click on the opengl tab. The very first option is show motion paths.
Sorry I don't recall if older version even had such an option. Even if you do have an older version and that option is not available, those paths will be be visible when you render your animation.
Silk

Chinkylee
12-26-2008, 10:24 PM
im just wondering how i would stop lightwave from making these curved paths and just making normal straight line paths.

Silkrooster
12-26-2008, 11:39 PM
In the graph editor, you can select the keyframes of that object that do not apply and delete them. For example if your object is moving upwards or traveling the Y axis, then the x and z axis keyframes can be deleted, as well as the keyframes for scale and rotation.
Each object has a keyframe for each axis. However if you have auto keyframe turned off then you can hit the enter key to create keyframes. You will see a pop up type menu where you can select what keyframe axis should be recorded then hit enter again.
Silk

Chinkylee
12-27-2008, 09:57 AM
It's still not helping...for example i move a simple ball to the bottom left of the camera and i create a keyframe, but instead of moving in a direct line it moves a bit in the opposite direction before changing direction and moving to my set position

Andrew March
12-27-2008, 12:50 PM
Read the motion section of your manual

Silkrooster
12-27-2008, 03:21 PM
It's still not helping...for example i move a simple ball to the bottom left of the camera and i create a keyframe, but instead of moving in a direct line it moves a bit in the opposite direction before changing direction and moving to my set position

I already explained about this. Play with the spline types in the graph editor. This spline can cause this to happen. Does the spline in the graph editor look like a straight line? How many keyframes are being used to move your object for all three axises in moving, rotation and scaling?
For just a straight line you only need two keyframe for moving in that axis only. With the exception of moving at angles which would require more than one.
Silk

hisham
12-28-2008, 05:07 PM
Hi there, you really need to open the Graph Editor and look at the motion curves that you are creating. Especially, how the curve start and even before it starts depending on how you are moving the object. The Keyframe that you create by default create a spline movement, which may alter the characteristics before and after the keyframe. If you change the type from the Graph Editor (bottom right) you will see how the spline changes based on what you choose. Good Luck.