PDA

View Full Version : Programmable button suggestions for Intuos

snsmoore
12-26-2008, 11:38 AM
My wife just got me a Wacom Intuos 3 for Christmas. :)

So I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for the programmable keys on the tablet itself. What do you find as an efficient setup for layout and modeller? (I'd like to improve my workflows and would like to see what others are doing so this would be a good time since I'm adding/switching input devices)

-shawn

Weetos
12-26-2008, 12:12 PM
Nice addition to your workflow - I'll never go back to using a mouse in modeler ! Intuos 3 is an amazing product, you won't be disappointed, that's for sure.

My setup for LW is almost the default one, except for :

active surface reduced a bit so I don't have to do large gestures to cover the whole screen (it's still very precise, but much easier on the wrist)
touch strip set to zoom in and zoom out in LW, and set to default for other apps (PS, etc. which works fine without modifications)
Express keys set to default
Right-Click button set to be enabled when the tip is pressed, which allows much more precise selection than the default setting (default is right-clicking even when the pen is inches away from the tablet surface, a real nightmare for loop selection in modeler !)

I've never the touch strip and express keys located to the right side of my intuos, but I should try to configure those buttons to usual modeler command and see if it's convenient or not

Hope that helps

snsmoore
12-27-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks Weetos, I give that a try. I'm thinking the \ key, the scale and rotate may be good ones to program. And thanks for the tips on the other settings!

Matt
12-30-2008, 12:08 AM
'Select Loop' would be a good one to map if you model a lot in Sub-Ds