PDA

View Full Version : Vue 7 question

Phil
12-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Vue 6 and Ozone 3 both suffer from issues around their integration in LW's volumetric pipeline - LW-based volumetrics (e.g. Hypervoxels) don't receive any contribution from Vue's fog/haze or clouds.

Can someone with Vue 7 Xstream test to see if this has been addressed? It should be enough to stick a simple HV sphere (not even a volume or sprite) in a scene containing heavy Vue fog/haze and/or to look down through a cloud layer at the sphere. What you're looking for is the sphere to be shaded appropriately. If Vue 7 still behaves like Vue 6/Ozone 3, the HV sphere will stand out like a sore thumb.

Thanks!

dballesg
12-25-2008, 04:25 AM
Hi Phil,

What you are looking for it is for example and HV sphere beign cut when it is half of it in the middle of clouds? I am not sure if I understood what you wanted to accomplish.

But I think you will have more luck if you post your question on the forums for LW open beta. You know the NDA ! :)

David

Phil
12-25-2008, 07:36 AM
That's correct.

The volumetric issue is e-on's, not NewTek's. e-on have previously stated as much. NewTek's NDA doesn't apply here, unless Vue 7 relies on an unreleased version of LW.....which I wasn't aware of.