PDA

View Full Version : Nuke Explosion

karlieman
12-24-2008, 08:05 AM
Mr. Rid,

What are the settings for the nuclear explosion scene that are on your fire smoke with FX with voxels, link here: http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70370

Whatever information you can share, I would really appreciate it.

karlieman
12-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Really any one who has an idea please post something.:help:

Hopper
12-24-2008, 11:13 AM
The settings are "6" and "auto" in the Explosion+ dialog.

Enjoy.

karlieman
12-24-2008, 11:32 AM
hey hopper if u no that do u have the actual scene that u could post or even just put up a tutorial?

Mr Rid
12-24-2008, 12:40 PM
Research the NT FX scenes. Theres a mushroom cloud scene somewhere to start with.
http://www.newtek.com/forums/showpost.php?p=783500&postcount=188

karlieman
12-24-2008, 12:48 PM
i dont have the content that u talk about i've checked and checked but it still is not there would u be able to give me the scene that u made on the forum that i linked? i also was wondering about the fire i know how to make the motion but the texture im stumped could u share wat u used?

Hopper
12-24-2008, 01:19 PM
Karlieman, in all fairness, I was just being silly. Doing these kinds of effects in LW takes quite a bit of work and creativity because every scene is different. Mr Rid, is very much an expert on this subject and I think he would agree.

LazyCoder
12-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Hell, not to mention that if you used better grammar and spelling it'd make your posts easier to read! I had to go over that last one about 3 times before I got the gist of it.

karlieman
12-24-2008, 01:42 PM
Sorry about that.:o (I text to much). Any way i was just wanting Mr. Rid to give me one of the fire scenes but if any of you know how to make the TEXTURE not the animation i would be very happy.

Thanks

Mr Rid
12-24-2008, 05:06 PM
i dont have the content that u talk about i've checked and checked but it still is not there would u be able to give me the scene that u made on the forum that i linked? i also was wondering about the fire i know how to make the motion but the texture im stumped could u share wat u used?

Dood, the link to download the scenes was right there-
http://www.box.net/shared/static/0jk68lcsnn.zip

Mr Rid
12-24-2008, 05:14 PM
Sorry about that.:o (I text to much). Any way i was just wanting Mr. Rid to give me one of the fire scenes ...

Thanks

This is akin to asking, 'I like that character animation you did, can give you me all the scenes and models?'

I can give some pointers, but you have to figure some things out for yourself. Those settings are the result of working off and on projects over years, and also involve a lot of post processing. They are part of my bag-o-trix that I am specifically hired for. If I post them online, then I may find myself competing for FX jobs with people who basically copied and pasted their demo reel.

But the FX scenes in the zip I posted are a good place to start.

karlieman
12-24-2008, 05:14 PM
I know i just had realized that after I posted the comment but there not what I need could you share one of the fire scenes please.

karlieman
12-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Hey man would you be able to share some defaults with me like only the texture that's all I need.:help:

karlieman
12-24-2008, 05:17 PM
By the way this is for personal use only.

Mr Rid
12-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Tell ya what, get me a date with Scarlett Johansson and you can have all of my HV scenes.

Or you might ask Jim Burton,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIC3VhtZm3A&feature=channel_page

Mr Rid
12-24-2008, 10:22 PM
Hey man would you be able to share some defaults with me like only the texture that's all I need.:help:

Have you looked at the HV presets?

JohnMarchant
12-25-2008, 07:54 AM
[QUOTE=Mr Rid;799344]Tell ya what, get me a date with Scarlett Johansson and you can have all of my HV scenes.

Setting your sights rather low there Mr Rid :):):)

RollerJesus
12-25-2008, 10:49 AM
Dear Mr. Rid,

It's Christmas and I would like you to provide me with all your "bag-o-trix" even though you just explained to me that you are unwilling to share. I will continue to ask because the link you provided doesn't do it for me.

Thankz you, u r l33t!

shrox
12-25-2008, 11:54 PM
Tell ya what, get me a date with Scarlett Johansson and you can have all of my HV scenes.

Mr Rid, I have date with Miss Johansson, you have been a professional LW artist since 1995, and here is a picture of Miss Johansson in 1995.

I won, I won!

You can just send me a link to your cool HV scenes. Your such a nice guy, Mr. Rid.