PDA

View Full Version : Drop Points to Intersection?

Natron
12-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi, I recently made the move to Lightwave at the office, and I'm wondering if there's a feature or plugin that would allow me to take a layer of points and make each point "stick" to a surface in the background in Modeler. I know that there's a similar tool called Sticky in Layout, but I'm modeling a riverbed full of small rocks and boulders, and every time I clone to points, I find that there are always a few rocks that are floating just above the surface and I have to take the time to move them back down.

The surface I'm trying to stick the points to is a topographical map that I fleshed out a while ago, and now just needs some trees, grasses, and other whatnots, but I plan on adding those in Layout.

Does such a thing exist, or am I doomed to adjust all of my rocks manually?

pixym
12-23-2008, 07:52 PM
For this purpose you have:

- Create point on BG
- Move point on BG
- KOpointfit

I use them every day for mass plan… on non planar terrain.
But I am not sure they are available for the Mac.

Sensei
12-24-2008, 09:36 AM
Something that will automatically update position of points, when background layer is changed, doesn't exist in Modeler, AFAIK. But there are Push and EasyRetopology plug-ins which project geometry to background layer (they work on Mac UB). Both can work on hundred or thousands of points/polygons in real-time, without limit. You can find them here http://www.trueart.eu