PDA

View Full Version : Bake Hard Dynamics.

Andyjaggy
12-23-2008, 08:55 AM
Is it possible to bake the hard dynamics to a motion file. I know I can save the dynamics information out, but I need access to the motion within the graph editor. Any ideas?

Andyjaggy
12-23-2008, 12:31 PM
That might work, it just makes a null with the rotation and positions, but I'll try parenting the same object back to the null and see if it keeps the same motion, then I could use motion baker to bake that motion to the actual object right........? He who is just now getting serious about animation.

Andy

Andyjaggy
12-23-2008, 03:30 PM
Well doing that and then parenting the object to the null works, I then have access to the null movement inside the graph editor, BUT. I would rather be able to have the motion right on the object instead of on the null, it just makes it a bit messier having to have all of them parented to nulls. I tried motion baker without much luck. Writing to extra channels so I didn't overwrite my motion, and it was just filled with garbage motion. It didn't resemble the motion of object at all.

Andyjaggy
12-23-2008, 04:21 PM
Hey that will probably work, maybe, I'll give it a shot anyway.

Andyjaggy
12-23-2008, 04:25 PM
Hey, that worked perfectly. Thanks man, I had completely forgotten there was a save motion command, So I'm set now. Yay.