PDA

View Full Version : save/load all keys?

sadkkf
12-21-2008, 02:44 PM
HI--

Running LW in XP64, I got a message from Windows about it automatically resizing my paging file and some apps may get an error when looking for more memory (or something like that).

So, naturally, it corrupted the scene I was working on and won't render anything but black. Everything looks line in Layout, but it won't render. I'd like to recreate it, but really don't want to frame by frame. I can't copy/paste keys from one instance of LW to another so can I save the keys from graph editor and load them later?

PS...I've tried right-clicking each channel and saving/replacing and it mostly works, but sometimes the values are way off.

Cageman
12-23-2008, 01:26 PM
You could try MultiMotionGN... It saves/loads motionfiles enmasse (items, bones, lights, cameras). BEFORE using this tool, make sure you set the Alert Level to LOW, otherwise you'll have to press OK for every single motionfile that is loaded/saved.

NOTE: This only takes position, rotation and scale. For any other types of envelopes, you'll need to save those from graph editor.

Another thing you could try is to use Load Items From Scene and check Merge Animation (if the two scenes are identical in terms of what objects are loaded). So, essentially you apply the animation from one scenefile to another without loading any objects. Observe that this feature was added with LW9.5 and has recieved some updating during LW9.5.1 OB.

I have attached MultiMotionGN. It's L-script, so it should work with LWx64...

Good luck and make sure you PM faulknermano (http://www.newtek.com/forums/member.php?u=133) and thank him for it... :)

sadkkf
12-28-2008, 08:54 AM
Thanks, Cageman. I've had to rebuild parts of my scene the hard way, but downloaded the plug for future use.