PDA

View Full Version : lightwave demos and info?

bdc
08-09-2003, 09:45 PM
Hey I'm researching 3d software for my company and am looking strongly at lightwave, but am having trouble finding a demo. I have downloaded free demos from programs like maya. Does lightwave have anything like this? Any other sites with good info or your opinions would be appreciated!
Thanks!

js33
08-10-2003, 02:01 AM
Hi bdc,

Here is a link to the demo version. They call it the Discovery Edition. You fill out the form and they send you a CD.
I knew where it was but I couldn't find a link to it from the LW part of the site.

LW discovery demo (http://www.newtek.com/discovery.html)

Cheers,
JS

drclare
08-10-2003, 06:37 PM
What bdc wants to see is a demo reel for lightwave 3D so he can compare the quality of animations to those made in other programs. Lightwave doesn't have a demo reel, but there is an image gallery and a few short animations that were made with lightwave on their website. You can also do a search on these forums in the finished work and WIP sections for demo reels. There are some amazing ones on their. Good luck in your decision making.

js33
08-11-2003, 11:30 PM
How do you know?
It sounds like he is looking for a demo of the program, which the link for is not on the regular site for some reason.

The gallery stuff is easy enough to find. Also there are many artist profiles which are easy enough to find.

Cheers,
JS

drclare
08-11-2003, 11:36 PM
Yeah, you're right. I guess i just wasn't paying attention to what i was reading. Whoops.

js33
08-12-2003, 01:23 AM
No problem.:p Just trying to help the guy find what he needs.

Newtek why is there no link to the discovery edition on the main LW site? It seems like it should on the front page.

Cheers,
JS