PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade help

tisoy
08-09-2003, 09:30 PM
I have a LW 7.5 Student Software,,,,Is it possible to upgrade it to LW 8 for free or do I have to pay?

prospector
08-09-2003, 09:58 PM
I'm pretty sure there is some upgrade price.
but since ya asked about film in another thread, then with the price of the upgrade and the price of a sequence working program then ya might consider that for a few extra bucks ya can get the Whole enchelada with the VT.
you'll absolutly love it.

GCL
08-10-2003, 05:43 PM
If that's the academic version to commercial, YES you have to pay the upgrade price to get LW8. That is, you pay $495 for it.

If you have bought the academic version within Newtek's time frame for free upgrade to LW, then you should be ok.
Just need to check with customer servive or contact Keyframe Magazine customer service for excellent service.

StereoMike
08-11-2003, 03:26 AM
Uh- I' ll need a clear statement on this one.

I'm in the same situation as Tisoy, i have 7.5 educational and want to upgrade to commercial LW8 with dfx+.

In fact i just ordered it.
BUT: I was told it will cost 700 (Think yourself an euro-sign, this forum doesn't seem to support them), because it's an upgrade from the educational to the commercial.

So can anyone give me hint if this is right? Doesn't want to pay 200? for nothing.

I read the Upgrade-faq, the pricings and everything, but i can't find a direct answer.

Thanks,
Michael

look whats happening to euro signs: ???