PDA

View Full Version : Image sequence help

tisoy
08-09-2003, 09:05 PM
What is the best companion for lightwave to make a image sequence for movie scene?

prospector
08-09-2003, 09:13 PM
LW makes image sequences

tisoy
08-09-2003, 09:21 PM
What I ment is that,,,,when the image sequence is made and u edit em,,,then u wanted to put it together just like a film,,,so my question is is there other program that I can recombine this sequence to make it just like a film after I edit em one by one?

prospector
08-09-2003, 09:46 PM
Oh

Aura is best

Extremely easy to use
Unlimited layers (limited by your machine as to workability tho, as ya might get into the realm of pagefiling after a few hundred or a few if your files are 10s of thousands of frames long.

And it uses all the Photoshop plug-ins (pre6 As I have photoshop 5.5 and I can use them all)

And ya don't have to edit them 1 by 1 as Aura will do what ya want on 1 frame or 10 frames or 1000 frames with just 1 click

Psyhke
08-09-2003, 11:27 PM
But Aura isn't available any more is it?

Digital Fusion DFX+ that currently is bundled with LW purchases and upgrades will fill that function, too.

There are some freebie programs out there as well, if all you want to do is assemble into an .avi or .mov. Can't recall their names right now. VirtualDub rings a bell.

Hervé
08-10-2003, 12:32 AM
Quicktime will do the trick......

tisoy
08-10-2003, 01:06 AM
yeah thats I want to do , is after I edit the images from photoshop or anything edit stuff then I can combine them just like in flash to avi or mov so that I can burn it to CD and so on....

papou
08-10-2003, 06:27 AM
what format are you using for image sequence, to get the better framerate? Lw become so slow with image sequence display.
actually i work with image sequence but maybe 1 avi file is much more fast...

i got trouble with jpeg image sequence with renderfarm. the next image is not loading. Can you confirm that?

thx-

prospector
08-10-2003, 07:04 AM
image sequences for backdrops are MUCH faster if you turn them into a preview file first, then load the prieview as background.
It then plays like there was nothing (when ya drag the keyframes around)
And reguarding the Aura message, I put that there because of your other thread.

papou
08-10-2003, 08:07 AM
thanx for the tip prospecor,
how to speed up when u use image sequence texturing?