PDA

View Full Version : Get Vue 7 Pioneer for FREE!!!

ben martin
12-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Get Vue 7 Pioneer for FREE!!!
Yes, E-on is offering Vue 7 Pioneer for free if you download the BETA version to test (bug report auto-system), and in the end E-on offeres the final version for free.
From there you can do upgrades at your will/needs.

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/

Andyjaggy
12-17-2008, 11:25 AM
They also have the complete version now for sale, which I decided was perfect for my needs, and they have an upgrade path from Vue 6 infinate that's only 100 bucks, looks like I might be upgrading after all.

Andyjaggy
12-17-2008, 11:41 AM
Never mind looks like I won't be getting Vue7 Complete. It is lacking a couple of features I need. The biggest one is it won't import sync data from LW. Boom that makes it pretty useless for me as I always make my camera moves in LW and then import them into Vue.

ben martin
12-17-2008, 11:46 AM
Hey, you can always get the 7 Pionner for free and then (after the final release) you can get the module that suits your needs. I'm not sure if 7 Pionner can't sync at all. (even with an extra module).

Andyjaggy
12-17-2008, 12:04 PM
Nope, I think the only version that will use sync data is infinite and xstream.

I'll just stick with 6 for the moment. Don't really need any of the new features except the better OGL.

clagman
12-17-2008, 01:08 PM
I remember some topic about how needlessly expensive some of these products are and now I see discounted versions and trial software, I wonder if they have gotten the message?

vpii
12-17-2008, 01:47 PM
I have not upgraded to 7 yet also. Just do not want to spend right now. But looking thru the images created in 7 there seems to be something more realistic in the renders. Colors just look better.

Andyjaggy
12-17-2008, 01:55 PM
I have not upgraded to 7 yet also. Just do not want to spend right now. But looking thru the images created in 7 there seems to be something more realistic in the renders. Colors just look better.

Judge carefully, E-On is notorious for putting work done in a previous version in the marketing for the new version, wouldn't surprise me if half those images were actually done in Vue 6.

clagman
12-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Probably so, I saw the vue7 demo reel in which over half the scenes were from vue6

vpii
12-17-2008, 02:42 PM
Go to there cornocupia site and look at the public gallery there. It seems version 7 has a nice quailty to it. I do not know how to spell cornacupia.

Andyjaggy
12-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Yeah I haven't checked out the gallery there. I did once but it was too painful going through all the terrible awful images to find the good ones.

Nice site by the way, I like your style, some good arch viz stuff.

vpii
12-17-2008, 03:04 PM
Thanks, now only if I could find some work. Arch Viz is a real bad place to be right now.

Andyjaggy
12-17-2008, 03:06 PM
Thanks, now only if I could find some work. Arch Viz is a real bad place to be right now.

I bet. Your probably hit pretty hard right now. I recently took a new job in the medical animation industry, it seems like one of the only stable places to be at the moment.

vpii
12-17-2008, 03:18 PM
I bet. Your probably hit pretty hard right now. I recently took a new job in the medical animation industry, it seems like one of the only stable places to be at the moment.

Just out of curiosity is that for a company that does Medical animation only or a company that makes medical stuff? I just know little about that field.

Andyjaggy
12-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Medical animations and training for medical device manufacturers.

vpii
12-17-2008, 03:28 PM
Very cool, I keep thinking move tward gaming industry somehow. That seems always to be solid also.

rezman
12-17-2008, 04:05 PM
I remember some topic about how needlessly expensive some of these products are and now I see discounted versions and trial software, I wonder if they have gotten the message?

They got way cocky...then the economy crashed. My prediction...they'll get bought up by Daz3d. :help:

prospector
12-17-2008, 04:28 PM
Wouldn't it be better if we could BETA if it REALLY works with LW?
I mean that IS what we use here.

Matt
12-17-2008, 05:37 PM
If you see a message saying the servers are down, this link worked for me:

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_7_pioneer/index.php?page=download

massmusic
12-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Get Vue 7 Pioneer for FREE!!!
Yes, E-on is offering Vue 7 Pioneer for free if you download the BETA version to test (bug report auto-system), and in the end E-on offeres the final version for free.
From there you can do upgrades at your will/needs.

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/

The comparison chart doesn't have the renderup option checked for V7P. Where did you see that info?

ben martin
12-17-2008, 07:12 PM
Vue 7 Pioneer was specifically designed to integrate with Cornucopia3D, the online community for Vue Artists. You'll find "all things Pioneer" there.

Cornucopia3D hosts thematic forums, where you can share your experience with other users, exchange tips and tricks, or simply get help from other Vue-ers.

Cornucopia3D also features loads of content to enhance your 3D environments for free or for a small fee.

What Does this Mean for You?

Not that much in fact, all you need to do is download the free Open Beta version of Vue 7 Pioneer, and have fun using it!

Please remember to provide feedback through the Cornucopia3D forums, or by using the integrated error reporting system - if you encounter any problems, of course :-)

Optional Modules for Vue 7

All 12 optional modules and a Content Starter Pack are available for purchase through the Cornucopia3D online store.

Any modules you purchase for the Open Beta will continue to work with the final release.

Vue 6 users can upgrade their modules to the corresponding Vue 7 modules at a 50% discount.

colkai
12-18-2008, 02:27 AM
server is still down at the moment :(

Andrew March
12-18-2008, 02:45 AM
They broke the website with all freeriders grabbing Vue7 Pioneer, it's also screwed the paying customers who cannot launch Vue7 in order to sync it with Cornucopia.

archijam
12-18-2008, 02:46 AM
server is still down at the moment :(

Colkai, try this:

http://mirror-europe.cornucopia3d.com/products/vue/vue_7_pioneer/Vue7Pioneer.zip

archijam
12-18-2008, 02:48 AM
...freeriders grabbing Vue7 Pioneer...

Riiiiight.

Perhaps they should put their ENTIRE content management system on a DECENT server?

Sheesh.

Andrew March
12-18-2008, 03:33 AM
It's not the content management system that's the problem, it's the sheer volume of people trying to register Vue pioneer.

colkai
12-18-2008, 07:28 AM
Colkai, try this:

http://mirror-europe.cornucopia3d.com/products/vue/vue_7_pioneer/Vue7Pioneer.zip

Thanks, will give it a go.

pumeco
12-18-2008, 09:30 AM
So let's get this right...

Vue7 Pioneer is free, which is only fair I suppose cause it's got a watermark and is not licenced for commercial use. Now is it just me, or is everyone half asleep or something?

So you get Pioneer for free, you start to like it, and before you know it you've bought all those lovely little additional modules as your budget allows over time. The thing is though, Pioneer is not licenced for commercial use so that would mean you'll be stuck with one massively expensive software package that is useless to you if you ever wanted to make any return on it's expense.

Now you might think to yourself, big deal 'cause you could always buy the Esprit core later (which does allow commercial use) and you would loose nothing because your Pioneer cost nothing in the first place.

Well, think again!

Because if you buy all the modules for Pioneer and later decide you wanted the Esprit core so that you can use it commercially, that technically means you are paying for the 'RenderUp' and '3DImporter' modules twice over, and let's face it, e-onsoftware are already on a major piss-take with the cost of Vue as it is IMHO, nevermind having to buy parts of it twice over!

I'm not bashing Vue, in fact I'm starting to envy it quite a lot, but they really need to cut back on the greed before they get me as a customer. The bottom line here is that making Pioneer for private use only was a very greedy move. Pointless even when you consider that no one in their right mind is ever going to use watermarked output commercially anyway.

My diagnosis for Vue7 is as for Vue6; I think e-onsoftware are way too greedy so I'll hang out for Vue8 where hopefully the greed will have demised for a change, rather than increase even further as it has done this time.

I think it's a disgrace that owning the modules that make-up the other versions does not update it's licence to the commercial status of those other versions - it really should. If you have Pioneer and then buy the RenderUp and 3DImport modules, you have technically the same package as Esprit.

Esprit allows commercial usage containing those modules - and so should Pioneer if those same modules are added to it!

Andyjaggy
12-18-2008, 09:38 AM
I'm not sure if that's how it will work or not. The Open Beta version of Vue Pioneer is watermarked and not for commercial use, but the final release that you will get for free if you register for the beta probably isn't? I don't know maybe it is. I highly doubt it will have a watermark anyway, assuming it will regularly cost 50 bucks. As for the commercial use I don't know, if you pay for it I can't imagine not being able to use it how you want.

pumeco
12-18-2008, 09:47 AM
I agree, but like I say, I think e-onsoftware are very greedy. You can bet it'll have a watermark, and you can bet it won't allow commercial use. If I'm wrong, then I'll start buying the modules for Pioneer, but if I'm right I'll be avoiding it big-time!

adrian
12-18-2008, 10:05 AM
I bet E-on will get even more greedy as more special effects houses use their software thus pushing up the price.

Andyjaggy
12-18-2008, 01:33 PM
http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_7_complete/index.php?page=19&BaseProduct=Vue%207%20Complete\

There ya go.

Biggest missing features are sync ability, and multipass/buffers.

Andyjaggy
12-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Yeah I recently changed jobs and don't need Vue anymore except for my personal use. So that's why I am pretty hesitant to fork out the cash for an upgrade. I mean I have a job for the moment, but you never know these days where you will be in 2 months, and I think I would rather stick 600 in my savings instead of in E-On's pockets.

Spectral skies rock. :)

BlueApple
12-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Is their Pioneer version like buying an Educational version of Photoshop? It sounds like they are happy to have you buy the program to learn it, but if you ever try to sell anything you used it to create you are in violation of the terms of purchase.

While I understand the utility of Educational versions of software (Digital Art School X wants to buy 100 seats of Photoshop at a reduced price...) I've never had the urge to buy one myself. If you want to try software, get the trial. If you want to buy it, then do so.

I'd hate to have a droor full of acrylic paint that could only be used if I wasn't going to sell the painting when I was done.

adrian
12-19-2008, 04:46 AM
Spectral skies rock. :)

Are they that much better than Vue 6i? They're pretty decent in 6 as long as you get the right settings.

BlueApple
12-19-2008, 10:33 AM
Oliver:
I appreciate the correction, as I don't want to spread misinformation around the inter-web :)
I definitely confused the education and student versions.

Matt
12-19-2008, 10:41 AM
I can't even test this because their registration servers are down. :(

Andyjaggy
12-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Be aware everyone that the Pioneer version does NOT have ecosystems. Pretty much the biggest reason to use Vue in my opinion. But you can still play around with the spectral skies.

wfstecko
12-19-2008, 11:02 AM
I can't even test this because their registration servers are down. :(

I can't either. I've been trying since yesterday, and I'm ready to give up on them.

Can anyone recommend a competing product? I tried a Worldbuilder demo yesterday, but unfortunately there is no Mac version, and the program wouldn't launch beyond the splash screen on Vista.

Walter

Andyjaggy
12-19-2008, 11:11 AM
Honestly there really is no competing product, Terragen maybe, but Vue is kind of the hill at the moment for landscape 3D.

pumeco
12-19-2008, 11:24 AM
Well, I finally managed to get Pioneer downloaded just before tea.

I thought I'd better wait 'till after tea before I have a play with it. So I did, and now I'm back to the 'puter only to find I can't register the bloody thing cause they're down again.

I was going to put a 'thumbs down' smiley here but that would be just too predictable :D

BlueApple
12-19-2008, 04:50 PM
I've downloaded the application but there is a problem synchronizing. Is there any way to bypass the synching process?

pumeco
12-19-2008, 05:28 PM
Same here; still trying!
And no, I very much doubt it.

wfstecko
12-19-2008, 05:47 PM
I just got mine synched. It couldn't do it automatically, but it provided a URL which gave me an activation code.

Walter

Paul_Boland
12-20-2008, 02:00 PM
I had the same problem, had to go the manual route using the link the program provided.

After messing around with Pionneer for a while, and looking at the comparison chart on Eon Software's website, this is extremely limited! If you really want to do anything good with it, you need to buy into the software and if you want to export stuff from the program to take into Lightwave, you need to buy the Exporter plugin which is US$150 odd!! You'd be better off buying the full version of Vue 7.

Still, I'll be getting Pionneer for free so can't really complain.

Andrew March
12-20-2008, 02:10 PM
Vue 7 complete is the lowest level you want to go if you want anything decent out of it. Anything below that is really a waste of time.

Oh and by the way, by signing up to a Cornucopia account you have just agreed to let them use your Vue images to promote Cornucopia and E-on without asking you. It's in there terms of service.