PDA

View Full Version : modelertools.p question

DrStrik9
12-16-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm using Modeler 8.5 on a Mac Pro with the Intel quad core xeon, under Leopard 10.5.5 ...

I can't seem to get the modelertools.p plugin to actually load. Every time I load it, it "seems" to be fine, until I try to use something such as SuperShift, which fails. I get an error, saying it can't load the plug-in from a drive I haven't used for months (!)

All my Layout and Modeler cmdLine files are set to place current configs in specific directories in my Lightwave8.5 directory, and all of those config files are current, which I take to mean that my cmdLine files are properly written. This is why I haven't yet figured out why Modeler thinks the Modelertools.p plug is somewhere it isn't!

I'm obviously missing something here ... any ideas? Or is this just something else that doesn't work in Modeler 8.5, on this Intel Mac under 10.5.5?

Thanks for any help ...

Michael

DrStrik9
12-16-2008, 06:57 PM
I did a quick check of all my cmdLine files, and although I am repeatedly loading modelertools.p (and getting the feedback, "28 Plug-ins found in 1 files," this loading action does NOT change the config file, "Lightwave Extension 8 Prefs," which resides where my Modeler cmdLine file tells it to. So next time I run Modeler, it doesn't know where modelertools.p IS.

So I manually edited the "Lightwave Extension 8 Prefs" file, putting modelertools.p's accurate location on this drive. But when attempting to use SuperShift, Modeler still gives the error, "Custom opertion failed. (Cannot load external plug-in file <Michael HD:Applications:Lightwave [8.5]:plugins:model:modelertools.p>.)"

Do I STILL need to remove all spaces from the names of all hard drives and directories for LW to work properly? I could have sworn that we killed that issue in beta sometime around 8.0 ... no?

Or is this just one more thing that routinely doesn't work in Modeler 8.5 under 10.5.5 (or on an Intel Mac Pro)?

Thanks,
Michael

BeeVee
12-16-2008, 07:20 PM
Are you sure Supershift still exists in 8.5? I thought it had been replaced by Multishift at that point.

B

DrStrik9
12-16-2008, 07:26 PM
Hmmm, Ben, you might be right! I can't remember now ... I was just hoping something more flexible than Smoothshift was available for a highly subdivided set of polys ... ah well.

Thanks,
Michael

BeeVee
12-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Multishift is like Supershift on high doses of Swiss Army Knife. It does all the stuff SuperShift did, and then some.

B

DrStrik9
12-19-2008, 12:05 PM
Yup, it was Multishift I was looking for ... thanks. :-)