PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade from Vue 5 to 7

Andyjaggy
12-16-2008, 04:33 PM
This will make a lot of you very happy.

Following popular demand, we have added an upgrade path to let Vue 5 Infinite and xStream users ramp up to Vue 7*.
# Vue 7 Infinite - Upgrade from Vue 5 Infinite - $695
# Vue 7 xStream - Sidegrade from Vue 5 Infinite - $995
# Vue 7 xStream - Upgrade from Vue 5 xStream Bundle - $695

Thanks to all of you for your positive feedback, we hope these different options will satisfy you.

nemac4
12-16-2008, 04:59 PM
ugh,.. I guess I should have waited... ;D

Andyjaggy
12-16-2008, 07:39 PM
It's because there are allready about 5,000+ upgrade options on their site, and adding vue 5 to the mix increases it to about 25,000+ possible combinations.

Speedmonk42
12-16-2008, 08:11 PM
That is the stupidest price list I have ever seen.

cresshead
12-17-2008, 09:05 AM
and now the beta of vue pioneer is upon us..

though their servers are down currently

http://www.cornucopia3d.com/down_pioneer.jpg

new link

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/products/vue/vue_7_pioneer/?page=7

mac
12-17-2008, 10:05 AM
This will make a lot of you very happy.

Um, you forgot to mention this offer is only until February 2 2009 :thumbsdow

Andyjaggy
12-17-2008, 10:36 AM
Didn't notice that.

I'm still debating if I want to upgrade or not. Vue 6 is finally pretty stable for me and I've got all the bugs worked out so I'm a little hesitant to upgrade.

starbase1
12-18-2008, 12:48 AM
I find it harder and harder to avoid the impression that the company is out of it's depth. Pricing in particular is insanely complex, (and in general too high compared with past versions).

And this proliferation of producs and complex upgrades gives me even less confidence that their obnoxious RM will work at all...

Nick

adrian
12-18-2008, 04:46 AM
For me there's nothing majorly better in Vue7Inf compared to Vue6inf apart from the spectral clouds being a little better. I'll stick with Vue6 I think.

nemac4
12-18-2008, 10:27 AM
I've been using vue infinite 7 for a bit now and I've gotta say it was worth it for me. So far it is stable, the renders look much better and it is faster.

kfinla
12-18-2008, 12:10 PM
Vue 7.1 xstream however is quite broken still with lightwave 9.5.1 even after teh service pack out this week. If not all the host apps it seems from the forums you have to be a registered user to have access to.. lots of ppl are going back to 6.60 if they have the option.. more stable. Infinite/stand alone mode seems ok though. I also get the impression it is a tiny company. The same guy that wrote the vue 6 book I bought also packed and shipped my copy of vue 7 xstream :)

starbase1
12-19-2008, 03:38 AM
I've been using vue infinite 7 for a bit now and I've gotta say it was worth it for me. So far it is stable, the renders look much better and it is faster.

Perhaps you can tell me if a couple of things I had trouble with in earlier versions have gone away?

1. I found that it was very poor at using multiple cores, particularly norticable when rendering skies / environments at high resolution for export. Often you would just find one in use.

With the new i7's having an effective 8 cores, this really needs fixing.

2. Lowering process priority. I would often find if I had minimised it, or generally moved it out of the foreground, it would set it's priority to 'low', resulting it it getting pushed aside by virus scanners, screensavers, and anything else...

Nick

kfinla
12-19-2008, 03:47 AM
Well I'm on the mac side of things which was apparently highly optimized this version.. I know for me infinite (xstream in standalone) detects 4 cpu's (all i have).. and doing a render to image of a spectral 2 cloud scene the other night looked like even with vue in the background it was using 90+% of my systems processing power.