PDA

View Full Version : Motion designer collision detection

ran205
08-09-2003, 05:17 AM
Can you have an object in MD detect collision with more the one object? I have a project were a piece of rubber balloons around one object then that object and the rubber moves a given distance. Then the rubber object hits a different one and I want it to conform to that shape. I would like to post an animated gif but I am not sure how to get the animation into gif format.

evenflcw
08-09-2003, 09:56 AM
The Collision Select pulldown is just there if you want/need to limit yourself to one collision object. If you don't use it MD will us all properly set up objects as collision objects.

For GIF, I would first make a imagesequence and then toss em all into Imageready or a smaller program like Moviegear. There are probably lots of free/shareware GIF makers which you could use, and I would think pretty much all of them can piece together image sequences. Just check what files they prefer, and try to pick a format that can be lossless (like png, tga or tif). It's often just a matter of dropping the files into the application and then doing some optimations.