PDA

View Full Version : Text Problem Help Needed

Aaron_Price
12-15-2008, 03:14 PM
Firstly want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

Secondly been quite a long time since I was last on these boards anyways here is my problem.

Basically how do I curve the text that I have created in Lightwave??? Basically want to create the same sort of effect in Photoshop where you can warp the text with an arch effect?:help:

cagey5
12-15-2008, 03:23 PM
Click on search on the menu bar above. Type in 'bend text', hit enter. Lots of threads to read. Try also 'curve text'

Aaron_Price
12-15-2008, 04:03 PM
Ok cheers :thumbsup:

Silkrooster
12-15-2008, 04:52 PM
Take a look at the pdf in my signature. You will find many links to tutorials. The best link of all is Scott Cameron's web site. It is a database of links to tutorials.

Using the bend tool on text is fairly straight forward. the only thing that you really have to keep in mind is your text has to have segments in it to allow the text to bend. The simple way is to use the knife tool, drag the knife downwards to create a straight line then right click to commit and drag the line to the next place and right click again.
Good luck,
Silk

Edit sorry I thought I added the pdf link in my signature, you will find that pdf clicking on lightwave links. Some of the links are on that web page as well.

Aaron_Price
12-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Thanks Silk :D

Silkrooster
12-15-2008, 09:21 PM
No problem.

prometheus
12-17-2008, 09:52 AM
Im not sure where it is, (cant find it under the 24 hour videotraining) but william proton had a 3d text tutorial showing how to warp text with the spline guide.

Anyway, that is pretty easy..just create your text, go to modify/transform/more
and there you will find spline guide.
make sure you hit the numeric tab...n to activate the spline guide properly
then you can use bend, scale, or twist to warp the text.

Michael