PDA

View Full Version : Mac Keyboard

Stephen0523
12-14-2008, 10:30 AM
Hi all. Could someone tell me how I can make my Mac extended keyboard work with Lightwave?
If I push say F2 to center my screen brightness is increase which is what happens on the Mac side.

Thanks

JeffrySG
12-14-2008, 10:40 AM
You can usually adjust all of your F keys in the System Preferences. I have adjusted most of mine so I can use the F9 / F10 to render and F12 to switch between layout and modeler, etc. You can re-assign many of them to other keys, or just take off the Mac default keys. I don't use many of the Expose features so I just took off the F key commands for them. Go through all of your sys. prefs. to find out what area is using your F keys. :)

Stephen0523
12-14-2008, 10:44 AM
Thanks. I kind of knew I could do it through the System Prefs, but sometimes I like to have the Mac keys back, so I was hoping there was a shortcut in LW that could toggle on and off the mac keyboard while working in LW.

The is a pull down menu at the top that says "Use Macintosh Keys", but turning it on and off seems to have no effect.
See attachment.

4dartist
12-14-2008, 11:36 AM
You didn't want to use the:
"Use all F1, F2 etc. keys as standard function keys" option? Basically the F keys resume their normal operation like on a PC, but if you want to change the volume/skip song/adj brightness, you just hold down the "fn" key then press the appropriate F key.

May sound like a dumb extra step to adj volume and stuff but honestly after having the fn key activated for a while, it becomes second nature. And I use my F keys in lightwave WAY more than adjusting vol or skiping tracks.

Stephen0523
12-14-2008, 11:41 AM
Hi Benjamin.
Brilliant. I like it your way.

I love the saying: "There is more than one way to skin a cat"!!

Thanks..