PDA

View Full Version : Dongle not found problem

lertola2
12-14-2008, 09:22 AM
Hi all,

I have a Mac Pro computer on which I want to run the PC version of Lightwave 9.5 and Fprime. I used Apple's Boot Camp software to make a Windows partition and installed Windows XP pro. All seemed to go well and Windows runs fine. I then downloaded Lightwave 9.5.exe and installed it. During the install process I saw that the Sentinal Driver 7.4.0 was installed and when I plug in the dongle I get a message that my new hardware is ready to use. However when I run the Lightwave registration program I get the message "Dongle not found, Trial Mode: 788C-0CA0-8C9D". I can run the Mac version of Lightwave on this computer so I do not know what the problems is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Joe Lertola

BeeVee
12-14-2008, 04:26 PM
If you have been a LightWave user for a time, then you may have a Mac-only dongle, in which case you need to contact customer services to upgrade to a duo one. You can bee sure if you look at the side of your dongle with the LED on for some raised text in the middle of the dongle that may be obscured by a serial number sticker. If it says "Eve3", then you have a Mac-only USB key.

B

lertola2
12-14-2008, 05:46 PM
If you have been a LightWave user for a time, then you may have a Mac-only dongle, in which case you need to contact customer services to upgrade to a duo one. You can bee sure if you look at the side of your dongle with the LED on for some raised text in the middle of the dongle that may be obscured by a serial number sticker. If it says "Eve3", then you have a Mac-only USB key.

B

Thanks, but that is not it. I have a purple dongle that has a lower case i in a circle and and the word "Key". It looks exactly like the one I have at the office that works on both a Mac and PC.

-Joe

BeeVee
12-15-2008, 03:41 AM
Both the Duo and the EVE3 dongle look identical apart from the text on the body.

B

lertola2
12-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Both the Duo and the EVE3 dongle look identical apart from the text on the body.

B

You are correct. I borrowed a dongle that works on both a Mac and a PC and and that one does work with my Mac running Windows. I am exchanging my old dongle for a new one and I am optimistic that it will solve the problem. Thanks for the help.