PDA

View Full Version : Beta Version and Forum

Wicht
12-14-2008, 08:00 AM
Hi

How can i get access to the newest LW Beta and the Beta section of the Forum?

JeffrySG
12-14-2008, 08:41 AM
you need to register for the beta first, at the registration page:

http://register.newtek.com/ (I'm not sure if there is a different registration page for Germany.)

Once you register you should get set up for the beta forum (it appears at the bottom of the fourms) but it can take a few days for it to happen. If you don't get access in a few days I would email someone at NT support and just check the status of the beta forum access. Once you get the beta forum access there are a bunch of threads that will help you get set up and get the beta installed if you are having issues.

ps. sometimes it helps to sign out of the forums and then sign back in to see if you get the access to the beta forum at the bottom (after you register).

hyper1
12-14-2008, 09:32 PM
I've run into a snag and I wonder if someone would help me out. When I learned LW at school (7.5) you could just download a codec such as DivX, Quicktime, Xvid, whatever, and as long as you had the free download of that LW would include that codec for animation. However, that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I was going to just puchase DivX and Quicktime Pro versions in hopes that the appropriate plugin would be available to 9.5+beta, but I thought I would ask before I bought.
Help appreciated,
Gary

JeffrySG
12-14-2008, 09:35 PM
Gary, to be honest, it's always best to render to sequential frames using a lossless compression on the frames, such as PNG, TGA, TIF, etc. And then after rendering re-compress into a movie file of your CODEC choice. This will let you avoid many problems and also let you try different compression settings without having to re-render every time.

Andrew March
12-15-2008, 12:55 AM
Like Jeff said, never ever render direct to an avi or mov, if your machine crahes halfway through you've got to start all over.

If you don't have video editing package there are some very good cheap ones available these days.

hyper1
12-15-2008, 09:43 AM
Thanks for the replies! I guess I didn't state my question clearly. Of course saving out frames is a good idea in any event (backing um up too!:) ), but my question is a little different.

If you go to the Render Panel and then checking "Save Animation" next you input "Type" you're presented with a set number of formats (4X Storyboard, Avi (.avi), Direct Show (.avi), etc., that you could render in directly.

Those settings are put there in the form of a plugin which you can find under the Edit Plug-ins under Animation I/O. This is the difference I'm talking about. Lightwave 7.5 use to just be able to access the codec directly. For example: If I were to install the DivX codec I could just render out to that format because the codec already has the read/write information imbedded. I'm not positive but in the editing packages I believe that's how they still work. In any event I didn't know if you could obtain say " mov.p or DivX.p or H264.p, etc. I couldn't find any reference in the LW 8.5 or the LW 9 - 9.5 Manuals and addendum concerning any of this...
Gary

BeeVee
12-15-2008, 01:25 PM
No, it didn't. It was the same - you had AVI and you chose DiVX from the options menu.

B

BeeVee
12-15-2008, 01:25 PM
No, it didn't. It was the same - you had AVI and you chose DiVX from the options menu.

B

Wicht
12-30-2008, 03:45 AM
Now i have access to the Beta Forum.

Thanks