PDA

View Full Version : Just a little question

m4a2000
12-11-2008, 12:29 PM
With all I've been doing I forgot if I can have Input '1' be set to LiveSet, have the FX row selected to Input '2', and have LiveSet overlay a and exported CG Bug.

EX:
-2 FX (power point)
-1 LIVE (Person and green screen)
-|x|LiveSet, Scene CG, Shot CG
-|x| LiveMatte

If I can't, what do I have to do in LiveSet Constructor to make the background the FX row?

SBowie
12-11-2008, 12:43 PM
I'm really having a hard time following the written description, sorry. Could you provide a mockup image - preferably labeled?

m4a2000
12-11-2008, 01:52 PM
I'm really having a hard time following the written description, sorry. Could you provide a mockup image - preferably labeled?

Does this help?

SBowie
12-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Does this help?Well, a bit yes - thanks.

But, am I mistaken that something like this might work? Both of the upper CG elements would come in from the DSK, except the bug at lower right (which is embedded in the LiveSet). It seems like the two CG overlays with the red background should be 'live', no?

m4a2000
12-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Well, a bit yes - thanks.

But, am I mistaken that something like this might work? Both of the upper CG elements would come in from the DSK, except the bug at lower right (which is embedded in the LiveSet). It seems like the two CG overlays with the red background should be 'live', no?

Hmm... Seeing as it would just be a weather report the yes... I would only need the bug set in the Foreground on a LiveSet. However I can't seem to do that. I exported my bug from CGD to LiveSet, turned on LiveMatte, and set FX to my power point but nothing happened.

From what I can see is that I have to use LiveSet Constructor and some how make the Background FX (I see no setting for that) and set the Bug to the Foreground (easy).

SBowie
12-11-2008, 02:30 PM
I haven't got a lot of time to try this today, but I just made a LiveSet with the layers as follows, from 'front' (nearest the viewer) to back:

1. Static bug (embedded in the LiveSet
2. DSK (title graphics)
3. Input, with LiveMatte turned on
4. FX

This works, sort of - I was surprised that layer 2 did not recognize the alpha channel from the DSK, but it worked as expected when I set up the DSK source as a DDR with LiveMatte applied to it. I'll try again later ....

m4a2000
12-11-2008, 02:40 PM
How would I make this?

PS: Is there away to make the LiveSet in Aura (don't have LW 9.+). If so, I don't have the plug in for it I think and I can't find a link for it in my download section.

Paul Lara
12-11-2008, 04:19 PM
How would I make this?

PS: Is there away to make the LiveSet in Aura (don't have LW 9.+). If so, I don't have the plug in for it I think and I can't find a link for it in my download section.

It is supposed to be on the download server already. e-mail me ([email protected])and I'll get it to you.

SBowie
12-12-2008, 07:36 AM
I've been checking this out a bit further. LiveSets created with the Aura plugin seem to discard the alpha channel if it exists ... so using it to superimpose graphics from a DDR or iVGA above live video using just the alpha doesn't work. If you're happy enough with the result of keying the graphic bg out using LiveMatte then it works alright.

But really, I think you can do what you want without a complex, multi-source LiveSet:

Export a LiveSet with the bug (only) in it from Edit Text
Apply that LiveSet to your camera input(s)
Set up LiveMatte for the camera shots while you're doing the above
Select your background source on the FX row
Select a camera input on the Live switcher row
Put your title graphics in the Overlay channel (using either images in a DDR, the Text module, or LiveText, if you have it

m4a2000
12-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Thanks for the help SBowie. However, I think I got kind of lost... So, thanks to Paul Lara sending m the Aura plug in, I made a LiveSet and tested it today. It worked. I just need a better camera now for the weather shoot instead of a DVCPro.