PDA

View Full Version : IKB joints don't move anymore

dstorer
12-11-2008, 05:55 AM
Hello all,

I'm probably missing something (again). Here's the story:

-Added IKB to my rig and setup restraints on the rotation channels. (everything cool - nice deforms)
-I had the IK stiffness settings working fine during the first bullet above...
-Pulled controls away from the joint areas so I could access them easier, etc.
-Added new bones for Eye and controls (still WIP).

I wanted to show my work off and when I tried to move the rig using IKB and handles, the rig will move as a whole (aka carbonite chamber therapy) or rotate as a whole - when it moves at all. I noticed that the controls in the chain are white - I do not know if that is signifying the controllers in the IK chain affected by moving the joint or if they are locked somehow. I even pulled IKB out of the properties panel and reapplied - same thing.
Oh yeah, the rig works fine in FK if I change each rotation channel by click&drag, but I need to get the IK in IKB working.

I have a screenshot & the rig file to look at. I appreciate any insight you guys can offer.

Dirk
12-11-2008, 10:09 AM
I think the settings for ArmUpr02_LT are wrong, and LegUpr_RT / LegUpr_LT aren't allowed to rotate at all ... is this correct?

However, IBK seems pretty much locked. Tested with 9.5 and beta 1514.

I can fog this as a bug and submit the rig .. shall I?

btw., if the nodes are white, it means IK Booster will create keyframes on those bones. You can change the keyframe mode (current item / child / parent, etc.) to influence how IKB will create keyframes. "Current Item" will create the least amount of keyframes, "All items" will create keyframes on all nodes.

dstorer
12-11-2008, 10:55 AM
Thanks Dirk,

Yes, the upper bones I have setup as rotating @ the root (more pelvis-like). And the double Upper arm is to rotate the hand/arm more realistically (from Jonny Gorden, book2). And I did have the bank limits wrong on ArmUpr02_LT - Thanks dude.

Thanks for the clarification on the white controllers.

And if you want to submit the rig as a bug - that's fine. BTW: How is that done since I would like to know how for my own knowledge.

Please let me know if you need anything else from me to do that (except cash - I am a bit short on that ^_^).

omeone
12-11-2008, 11:43 AM
Sounds like...

While using IKB I've come across this odd behavior. When I try to drag an item, I can't move it in the Global z-axis. I can drag all the items in the x/y axes, but not in the z, which is making moving hands around painfull to say the least... Anyone else come across this behaviour, and if so, found a way out of it?

<edit> Just adding a string of bones and adding IKB shows up this behaviour now :P Gonna try trashing my configs, see what happens.

<edit> Just found out that if you deactivate one of the buttons in the numeric panel while in IKB tool mode, you won't be able to move any item (using IKB) in that axis.... Wish I'd known that an hour ago

but I can't download your screenshot for some reason - so can't be sure

Surrealist.
12-11-2008, 01:07 PM
I have had this problem numerous times - as well as many other problems for that matter with rigging in 9.5. But for this particular problem I always also had all of the channels locked outside of IKB. So what I would do is just keep clicking on bones outside of IKB until the channels came back. But this was not the case with your scene. You had active channels. But I am willing to bet the two are related. Fog it for sure.

Dirk
12-11-2008, 03:39 PM
Fogged...

And if you want to submit the rig as a bug - that's fine. BTW: How is that done since I would like to know how for my own knowledge.

I think You must participate in the open beta program.

dstorer
12-12-2008, 06:56 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I appreciate it.

Dirk: I do belong to the open beta program, but I don't think I've been approved or whatnot, since I can't get to the forums (not like I've been really trying either :o). Thanks for fogging it for me.

Surealist: Thanks again - I guess I'm gonna have to go back to goals again.

omeone: It's just a regular .jpeg. I can email it to you if you want.

Surrealist.
12-13-2008, 08:53 AM
You don't have to be a part of the beta. You can fog bugs from a sticky in the general support area. It is easy.