PDA

View Full Version : How to create multi shot Liveset in Aura?

thovn
12-10-2008, 09:55 PM
In Lightwave we can create many shots with 4 focus in each shot, we can name it like : left,right,center...but with Aura plugin how can we do that?

joseburgos
12-11-2008, 09:08 AM
Steve is the expert on it but if I remember when I did it, you extended the timeline to have four frames.
Then you select all and preform the liveset plug-in.
I started with using the Aura/Mirage tools to use a larger image, 2880x1994, which was four times larger than NTSC and zoomed in and positioned on each frame.
Truth be told, my lack of Aura/Mirage experience made this not come out well.
So I ended up rendering the four different camera shots and placing each in the frames in Aura/Mirage.

thovn
12-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Thanks jose, sorry I not clear or imagine your mentioned, according to you we can do that?

I see in Aura plugin, only have 1 slot for naming liveset's name, after liveset generated liveset shot have the same name with liveset's name, so I can't have more name for some shots like left,right,center in liveset. But with Demo Studio liveset in VT[5], I know they use Aura plugin to generate that set because it have shadow for input video.

If we can do that, could you write a tutorial ?

SBowie
12-12-2008, 05:26 AM
I see in Aura plugin, only have 1 slot for naming liveset's name, after liveset generated liveset shot have the same name with liveset's name, so I can't have more name for some shots like left,right,center in liveset.In the original release version of the Aura plugin, individually named Shots weren't directly supported. You can populate the quad selector for a single Scene>Shot in one pass, but not directly add more than one Shot. You could do it manually, though, just by creating the second Shot under a different Scene name, then moving the second Scene folder's content to the first Scene. Take a look at the structure and file naming in one of the demo scenes to get the idea.

The new version (1.5) permits you to do this automatically from the plugin. I think it's ready for release, but it may not be on the website yet.

But with Demo Studio liveset in VT[5], I know they use Aura plugin to generate that set because it have shadow for input video.Actually, no. AFAIK that LiveSet was created using LW before the current Aura and LW plugins were published. (Apparently very clever people can put these together manually ... I couldn't tell you the details though.)

thovn
12-12-2008, 07:28 AM
Thanks Steve, I hope new version plugin publish for VT[5] user soon :D