PDA

View Full Version : Depth of Field in LW 9.5. Bad render result.

SPOTING
12-09-2008, 03:03 AM
Depth of Field in LW 9.5, bad render result.Please help!!!

Attached images:
DOF_001... Render result
DOF_002... Preview in Layout
DOF_003... Camera properties

Thank you for your help!!!

Otterman
12-09-2008, 03:16 AM
I see no dof in that render.... I think you may have to have motion blur on as well in the motion effects panel....ul need to increase your motion blur passes to smooth out the blur also.

SPOTING
12-09-2008, 03:26 AM
I see no dof in that render.... I think you may have to have motion blur on as well in the motion effects panel....ul need to increase your motion blur passes to smooth out the blur also.

But if I on Perspectiv Camera, it all works fine.

The Dommo
12-09-2008, 03:40 AM
From what I know the classic camera need many many passes to get depth of field to work. You might just have 1 pass set. The perspective camera will work with 1 pass, but the more the better also.

I believe it's just down to your choice of camera type (and therefore the rendering technique it employs).

SPOTING
12-09-2008, 03:52 AM
From what I know the classic camera need many many passes to get depth of field to work. You might just have 1 pass set. The perspective camera will work with 1 pass, but the more the better also.

I believe it's just down to your choice of camera type (and therefore the rendering technique it employs).

Ok! Thank you very much!

blindsided
12-09-2008, 04:07 AM
I also have struggled with DOP with classic camera since the introduction of the new camera types, settings that were good for LW 8.5, failed to match the results of 9.3. Being fairly lazy I switched to using the perspective camera.

SPOTING
12-09-2008, 04:37 AM
I also have struggled with DOP with classic camera since the introduction of the new camera types, settings that were good for LW 8.5, failed to match the results of 9.3. Being fairly lazy I switched to using the perspective camera.

So, in other words... Classical camera DOF does not work?!?!?

moussepipi2000
12-09-2008, 04:49 AM
it work only if you have more than 1 AA pass !

blindsided
12-09-2008, 06:12 AM
it work only if you have more than 1 AA pass !

My problem in the past has been trying to use the old style classic camera AA settings , CLASSIC LOW-CLASSIC ENHANCED-ETC.

I think in my 8.5 scene i might have used MEDIUM, which was the lowest you needed to use otherwise DOP was greyed out.
DOP worked fine.

With the introduction of the new AA settings, PLD 1-PLD 2 -ETC, I found that the Scene would not render correctly even though I was using the same settings ie. CLASSIC CAMERA MEDIUM AA (not PLD)

And as I said, being lazy I just started using the perspecive camera, and never got round to investigating.

mav3rick
12-09-2008, 09:40 AM
use perspective camera
set aa to 2-3

SPOTING
12-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Thank you all! All clear.

dmack
12-10-2008, 04:48 AM
Classic DOF only works on Medium AA adn above. Infact, the settings should be ghosted unless you have med AA or above.