PDA

View Full Version : iron man 2 movie - best idea ever (patent pending)

jin choung
12-08-2008, 03:14 PM
so at work, we were bouncing around ideas for who would make an acceptable iron man villain for the second movie...

most of his comic villains are kinda bizarre and unfit... most seem more properly dr. strange villains than iron man villains.

personally, i think ULTRON would be the best idea.

but then there are a few soviet union versions of iron man (like crimson something or other) that might work.

unfortunately, we don't have a soviet union boogie man anymore but then it occurred to me, JUST SHIFT IT TO A CHINESE ARMORED FOE!

and then we can call the movie (ready for the brilliance? brace yourself):

IRON MAN 2: A CHINK IN THE ARMOR!

geez, i crack myself up....

jin

Stooch
12-08-2008, 03:59 PM
will they deluge ironman with a horde of poorly manufactured clones?

Dexter2999
12-08-2008, 04:01 PM
They replace the red paint on the suit with lead paint?

BlueApple
12-08-2008, 04:07 PM
They'll slip melamine into his martinis.

Matt
12-08-2008, 04:25 PM
IRON MAN 2: A CHINK IN THE ARMOR!

Racist! ;)

jin choung
12-08-2008, 05:00 PM
lol... see? the jokes write themselves!

we can SHAME china into better manufacturing practices by ridiculing them through our media!

i should get into foreign relations....

jin

joseburgos
12-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Mandarin seems like where they might go.
I felt there were hints in the first movie as to Asian assistance to the bad guys.
But that may be me being a fan and thinking to deep.

Then there could be the avengers as they made sure they talked about it at the end of the hulk.

Dexter2999
12-08-2008, 05:41 PM
Mandarin seems like where they might go.
I felt there were hints in the first movie as to Asian assistance to the bad guys.
But that may be me being a fan and thinking to deep.

Then there could be the avengers as they made sure they talked about it at the end of the hulk.

Well not nearly so subtle was that the group was referred to as a member of the 10 Rings.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mandarin_(comics)

geothefaust
12-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Man, Jin, you crack me up! LOL

***SPOILER ALERT***

Hey, there were lots of references to The Mandarin in the first Iron Man movie, I automatically assumed that there would be a sequel covering something, at least partially, about The Mandarin.

Oh, and they could also do something with The Avengers, but that part is too obvious. :) Avengers vs The Mandarin & The Hand?

WhereMyArm
12-08-2008, 11:55 PM
Oh man, I have an epic thread for you, Jin...

http://wackyiraqi.com/wtf/chink_in_my_armor.jpg

jin choung
12-09-2008, 12:18 AM
hahaha.... awesome!

jin

biliousfrog
12-09-2008, 01:58 AM

SLJ also made his compulsary blockbuster appearance at the end of Iron Man as Nick Fury, head of S.H.I.E.L.D. so there's a possibility of an avengers theme. I hope not. A film with Ant Man would destroy IM2.

jin choung
12-09-2008, 02:27 AM
nah nah, they're thinking of doing an AVENGERS MOVIE... they're gonna intro all the individual characters and then do a team up movie later... captain america is next and then thor and then ant man....

i doubt im2's gonna have an overt avengers plot.

as for mandarin... yeah, there was the dude with the rings who probably didn't die in im1 but mandarin seems more like a dr. strange villain to me... like what's up with the mystical rings?! meh....

ultron or a cross-over into taking on the government conspiracy to steal his repulsor tech to build sentinels (by trask right?) would be pretty cool! iron man vs. a sh1tload of sentinels in aerial battle and all of a sudden, you have the x-men's blackbird showup to lend a hand. that'd be cool.

sigh... iron man just doesn't have cool, appropriate villains in the comics....

jin

geothefaust
12-09-2008, 04:07 PM
SLJ also made his compulsary blockbuster appearance at the end of Iron Man as Nick Fury, head of S.H.I.E.L.D. so there's a possibility of an avengers theme. I hope not. A film with Ant Man would destroy IM2.

Yeah sorry, I meant S.H.I.E.L.D. not Avengers. Thank you sir!

-----

Nick Fury rules, and who is playing him should be kick ***.

WhereMyArm, she looks a little like my girl friend. :)

meatycheesyboy
12-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Here's the idea that I had a few weeks ago.

2 years ago Marvel did a series called Civil War in which Iron Man and a group of heroes who backed government registration went up against Captain America and a group of heroes who were against registration. Last year Marvel did a series called World War Hulk in which the Hulk fights against alot of heroes who in a previous series (Prelude to Planet Hulk and Planet Hulk) tried to banish the Hulk to the far reaches of space.

So what if they picked one of those to storylines, either Civil War or World War Hulk then filmed two movies back to back, each one from each of the two points of view then released them at the same time. They could reuse some footage between movies but movie goers would be able to see the conflict from both sides in seperate movies where both were made out to be the hero.

And you know most people would go see both movies if they were good. And alot of geeks would still go see both movies even if they sucked.