PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave Menus messed up

riki
12-08-2008, 04:10 AM
My version of Lightwave seems to be messed up. The text is impossible to read. I've tried doing a clean install but no joy. Anyone else had this problem?
I'm using 9.3.1 on G5 PowerPC

Glendalough
12-08-2008, 06:23 PM
My version of Lightwave seems to be messed up. The text is impossible to read. I've tried doing a clean install but no joy. Anyone else had this problem?
I'm using 9.3.1 on G5 PowerPC

Looks like Leopard to me. Text overrun. Never seen it this bad though. Maybe it is worse on PPC?

Markc
12-09-2008, 12:48 PM
I have the same problems with the text in LW9.3.1 on G5 Leopard
(I have learned to live with it though)
I have noticed that these problems don't seem to occur in the UB open beta builds on the same mac.

hisham
12-15-2008, 06:11 AM
I am not sure if it is Leopard. I think it is LW. But as it seems, we are all living with it until 9.5 arrives.

Chilton
12-15-2008, 06:31 AM
Hi,

While we are looking at a way to prevent this from happening, we've recently found (due to the diligent effort of our users) that this specific issue is a result of duplicates of some fonts, some resource based and some not.

Please try using the Validate Fonts item in the File menu of Font Book.app, and let us know if that shows any issues. I'm curious what it says in your case.

Thanks,
-Chilton

hisham
12-16-2008, 03:23 AM
Hi Chilton

from my side I did validate Fonts in the Font Book and also delete any possible non-serious duplicates. I can say that it did improve the look of the display window, which is fantastic. However, the text still goes over the limits of the window borders. So we fixed half, so far. Thanks for the tip anyway.

Cheers

Hisham