PDA

View Full Version : Motion baking using world coordinates

Red_Oddity
12-08-2008, 03:09 AM
Hi folks, i have had this lying around for a while and forgot about it when i needed to bake some parented cameramotions (in camera rigs) to export to Fusion.
Now, since LW doesn't seem to have a one click out of the box solution for baking using world coordinates i'll post my little script here.

Very simple script really, input a range, select the object you want the motion to copy from (in world coordinates) to the object you want it to pasted on.

For example, in my case i have a complex camera rig/setup and want to bake that camera for export:
Duplicate the camera, place it in the root of your scene (so it is not inside a hierarchy), this way you have all the correct filmback and resolution settings when you import the camera in Fusion.
Run the script.
Select the camera in the rig in item selector 1, select the camera for export in item selector 2
Click OK, and that's it, no need to play the entire range to bake, it cycles through the entire frame range under the hood sort a speak.

Red_Oddity
12-09-2008, 10:37 AM
A small update.

When you select the objects you want to use with the script it will use that selection in the item drop down boxes in the lscript as a starting point.

Selection order is first select the original obecjt then select the target object.

adk
12-09-2008, 05:42 PM
Cheers Red_Oddity ... this will come in super handy :thumbsup:

wp_capozzi
12-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Very nice, Thanks!

Cageman
12-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Thanks for sharing.. Have you ever tried DStorms Output world coordinates? I've been using it alot and it's insanely fast. It can bake hundreds of frames in just a second. It's like magic! :)