PDA

View Full Version : VueExport3 open beta

LightFreeze
12-07-2008, 04:31 PM
Hi, looking for any LW and Vue 6,7 users to beta test VueExport3.

The new feature is turning LW particles into moving Vue Ecosytems (http://www.vimeo.com/2408388)

You will need to register on this forum (http://www.vuescripts.com/phpBB3/index.php) before you can download the beta.

Looking for Win, ppcMac, IntelMac, Vue Infinite and Xstream users.

hope to see you there

Steven

wildr3d
12-07-2008, 05:15 PM
Sounds good, I will definitely sign up.

Could you explain a little the new feature? I couldn't tell
from the video exactly what to expect.

Thanks

LightFreeze
12-08-2008, 12:54 AM
well basically you take a few pfx files into Vue.

You can then have an ecosystem instance generated onto each particle position and the instances will track the particle motion.

The clip on Vimeo shows a stack of instances being used as frames of a looped walk cycle, as Vue renders a new frame the stack is moved through while tracking the particle position.

wildr3d
12-08-2008, 10:50 AM
well basically you take a few pfx files into Vue.

You can then have an ecosystem instance generated onto each particle position and the instances will track the particle motion.

The clip on Vimeo shows a stack of instances being used as frames of a looped walk cycle, as Vue renders a new frame the stack is moved through while tracking the particle position.

I see, this sounds really powerful.
Thanks for the info.

JMCarrigan
12-08-2008, 03:55 PM
I have Vue 6 Espirit Steven. Is that okay?

JMCarrigan
12-08-2008, 03:56 PM
Oops. Never mind this one.

JMCarrigan
12-11-2008, 09:50 PM
Never mind. I made it over to the Login site and found I would need Infinte or Xtreme.

LightFreeze
12-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Sorry Jim , I thought you realised you needed a python capable Vue when you replied to your first post with
Oops. Never mind this one.

kfinla
12-12-2008, 07:47 PM
Cool.. count me in soon.. I'll have my copy monday.. Vue 7 xstreme, intel mac.. BTW.. i need to read up on the notes.. but any chance LW particles could also be turned into meta clouds?

LightFreeze
12-14-2008, 03:02 AM
Yip theres a pretty good chance you could do that - a warning though I have heard that VuePython is broken on the IntelMac Vue7 but that is only from one source at the moment.

Beta4 up for testing

LightFreeze
12-19-2008, 11:05 AM
beta5 up for grabs, fixed some bugs in the windows version, running OK in Vue6 and Vue7.

Goto the forum from the link below

mdunakin
12-31-2008, 01:37 PM
Just bought VE2 and downloaded the new VE3 open beta and can't wait to start testing it out!
Thanx for that too and I really enjoyed helping you out with some of those issues we ran into with the new Vue 7 xStream and all that, and look forward to getting back into this again.
I sent you some emails explainning why I was away for a while,new system and all, so look for those emails, as well as my dongle ID email :)

Keep up the awesome work, this product rocks!

.....................md :)

LightFreeze
01-09-2009, 12:41 AM
Thanks Mark,

beta6 is now available to registered users on the VueScripts forum

Some Clips

Army (http://www.vimeo.com/2699029)

Tornado (http://www.vimeo.com/2699093)

Experiment (http://www.vimeo.com/2765105)

There is a new installer for wxPython on win64, win64 users need to use this

kfinla
01-09-2009, 12:35 PM
I need to get playing with this.. I can think of a few scenes I've wanted to make in vue7 that this would be a critical piece to.

LightFreeze
01-10-2009, 04:28 AM
looking forward to it

LightFreeze
01-11-2009, 05:31 AM
Walkthrough on creating the Big Tornado clip (http://www.vuescripts.com/_A/index.php?id=9,86,0,0,1,0)

JMCarrigan
01-11-2009, 11:09 AM
Wow Steve. Maybe when our money flows a little more freely.......

kfinla
08-07-2009, 12:29 PM
Hey Steve, its unfortunately been awhile since I've looked at the Vue export 3 beta and was curious if work was still being done. I was also concerned the vue 6 intelmac script have expired. I have a personal project i've been putting off and wanted to use the vue3 export or LF_ObjPfx script to create metaclouds from LW verts.

Just curious if vue3 export or the LF_ObjPfx script is a better suited to this.

mdunakin
08-07-2009, 01:11 PM
Yeah, I too haven't seen any new news on his site and ages and I bought the thing quite a long while back and haven't since heard any more news on the matter?

.................md :)

kfinla
08-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Yep its been a few months since there was any activity on his forum. Hope things are ok. Even if the beta is done would be nice if vueExport3 could be purchased so the time limit on the plugin wouldn't expire.

LightFreeze
08-12-2009, 03:07 PM
Guys I apologise for the lack of information and updates. No excuse for it but real life has been getting in the way.

I have also been deciding on the future, I am unhappy with eon`s upgrade policy, I am currently at Vue7 and dont feel the upgrade to 7.5 is worth the money they ask and then with the announcement of 8 looming I see more bugs for the bucks on the horizon.

I feel at the moment I will not be upgrading and therefore dont think it is fair to release VueExport3 when people would reasonably expect support for the current released version of Vue.

Mark I understand you bought VueExport2 with the expectation of a free upgrade to VE3, if you want a refund after this news I will be happy to oblige.

calilifestyle
08-18-2009, 11:52 PM
hey lightfreeaze, i feel your frustration on e-on software. also thanks for offering a refund. But could you not just finish the Vueexport 3 . this way people that don't upgrade will have your awesome plugging to use. also maybe if after awhile you'll make the money from you plugging to upgrade hehe.

calilifestyle
09-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Hey lightfreeze maybe instead of Vue plug-in make one for Terragen 2.

Eagle66
09-12-2009, 11:30 AM
I've never understood the meaning Lightwave --> Vue Infinite/Xstream :hey:

VUE has the slowest and terrible render in the world. So i often use the way: Vue Infinite/Xstream --> Lightwave.....