PDA

View Full Version : Bump map and car paint

larkis
12-06-2008, 11:45 AM
I'm trying to get the car paint material in the node editor to accept a bump map. I have a grayscale image i did in photoshop that needs to be mapped on the model using UV's. When i make an image node and load the image and connect it's bump output to the bump input on the car paint material node nothing seems to happen. When i connect the same image node to the bump on the final surface node it works.
Is there something specific i need to do to get the actual car paint material node to accept the bump ?

Weepul
12-06-2008, 05:10 PM
This might be a bug, but in any case, the car paint material is only available in the 9.5.1 beta and this ought to be discussed in the beta forums.

larkis
12-07-2008, 01:31 PM
And where are the beta forums ?

Wopmay
12-14-2008, 03:26 PM
And where are the beta forums ?

Sign up for Open Beta on your registration page and the beta forums magically appear at the bottom of the forum topics.

Weepul
12-14-2008, 03:46 PM
Is there something specific i need to do to get the actual car paint material node to accept the bump ?

There's a value named Paint Bump Height that by default is set at 0%. Clearcoat Bump Height is by default 100%. Depending on your setup, you might need to set a value for the Paint Bump Height.