PDA

View Full Version : Is there a slider for "match goal orientation?"

WhereMyArm
12-06-2008, 01:04 AM
Been working with a couple different rigs at school, and our most recent one didn't come with match goal orientation turned on for the IK arms, so the hands stay the same when you move them around. I realize I can find the hand bone and turn this off, but I can see where both options would be useful. (eg. normal movements, walking, versus picking up and holding onto a heavy object.) Is there a way to get a slider for this like there is for IK/FK blending?

SplineGod
12-06-2008, 09:47 AM
You can try using simple orient constraints, expressions etc which can be controlled with sliders.

geothefaust
12-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Personally, I find simple orient constraints to be really buggy, at best.

If you have 9.5.1, I would recommend using Same as Item. If you have it already, let me know and I'll send you a sample scene with a slider so you can back engineer it. :) PM if you're interested.

SplineGod
12-06-2008, 12:02 PM
LOL, I guess that applies to much of LW these days. :)

WhereMyArm
12-07-2008, 05:52 PM
Personally, I find simple orient constraints to be really buggy, at best.

If you have 9.5.1, I would recommend using Same as Item. If you have it already, let me know and I'll send you a sample scene with a slider so you can back engineer it. :) PM if you're interested.

Using 9.5 at school, but I have 9.5.1 at home so I'd be interested in that sample scene if you could provide it. :)

geothefaust
12-08-2008, 12:13 AM
Yeah, Larry, I have to agree to some degree. :)

I just found out I was completely mixed up on how RPR works, LOL...

WhereMyArm, I'll throw a quickie scene together tomorrow for you and upload it. :)

geothefaust
12-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Hey there!!

Sorry for the delay, real life always seems to get in the way of doing 3D stuff. Anyway, check your PMs. I sent you a present. :)

WhereMyArm
12-08-2008, 11:56 PM
Thanks a bunch! I'll dive into it and see if I can figure it out. :D