PDA

View Full Version : Need Grass on a Mac...am i screwed?

crpcory
12-05-2008, 10:28 PM
So i've been trying to find a method of getting grass on a large scale (i.e. entire hillside) and realizing my options are really slimming down. I know i can't use a lot of things since UB development seems to be fairly bad/non existent for a lot of options (sas, fiber factory, Grass Generator). FiberFX looked promissing but on a large scale it does not seem to cut it for grass.

Before I go shelling out for HDInstance (seems like my best bet now) or really dropping money on something like vue, does anyone know of some solution i've not managed to find yet?

Thanks

archijam
12-06-2008, 12:49 AM
Also check the kray forums, johnny quick has been producing some great grass recently.
Can you show an image of what you're aiming for?

ingo
12-06-2008, 01:54 AM
Well good grass :jam: It depends on how close to the grass the camera gets, usually a good texture map does the trick for overviews.

crpcory
12-06-2008, 08:45 AM
I really don't need high detail at all, I really don't even need it textured. The camera won't get any closer than what you see in the river pic but it will be moving so detail will not have to be that great. At it's farthest it will be more like that mountain shot. This is for a single shot kinda of like a 'helicopter move'.

I'm trying to get my old Vue 5 to work but it seems to me that the vuesynch plug in won't work with UB, so i'll add that to my list of mac forsaken apps/utilities.

I did see some Kray grass earlier, it did look pretty nice. For the money I think i'd probably get HD Instance before I got that, thanks for the mention though.