PDA

View Full Version : texture help

mmecca
08-08-2003, 10:17 AM
hey...ive started tryin to make a photoreal model of some cabins of a camp that i staff at, ive mainly only done modeling so far and i need help with textures...any help would be much appreciated, the attached image has what im lookin for

cagey5
08-08-2003, 10:29 AM
What you'll need is some good image maps of the right materials to move things on a bit. If you look under the community link at the top of this page you'll see see 'Members Freebies' and you'll find some good reference textures there.

toby
08-08-2003, 04:00 PM
Take pictures of the cabins you work at - there's your textures !!

mmecca
08-09-2003, 10:59 AM
thanks for the suggestions...the only problem is that i do not have access to the cabins, because the camp is holding no more sessions so no one is really there right now...another problem (because i am a complete texture newbie) i wouldnt know what to do with those photos once i get them, except crapily apply them to whatever object needs them, and you know how that is...so help is still needed, but thank you

mmecca
08-09-2003, 11:04 AM
slight update..i fixed some proportions, roof needs shingles...im thinkin im gonna model them, but if someone knows a trick, im game (i dont want it to be a flat texture)